If you are having difficulty paying your gas or electricity bill, please call 0800 048 0404* or textphone 18001 0800 072 86268* immediately.
We can help, but only if we know there is a problem. We will consider your ability to pay and have a number of solutions we can offer and ways we can help.
We may be able to:
- Arrange for you to pay your bill by instalments at an agreed rate.
- Agree on a more suitable payment method or tariff.
- Fit a pay as you go meter.
- Collect a weekly amount directly from your benefits. If you need further information after you have spoken to us, then you should contact your Benefits Agency.
- Provide you with advice on how to reduce your energy consumption.
Please tell us if:
- You are elderly, or have a disability or long term illness.
- You are a tenant, the debt is in your landlord's name and you pay them for your gas or electricity (also tell your local authority).
- You receive Income Support or income-based Jobseekers Allowance as the Benefits Agency may be able to help you.
*Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Did you find this information useful?