- Check your trip-switch(s) or fuse(s) to see if there is a fault with your wiring or an appliance. If all your appliances are affected see 2) below.
- Check if your neighbours are affected. If so, it's possible the power is off in your local area so please contact your local electricity network operator - they should be able to give further guidance and say roughly how long the power will be off for.
- Turn off appliances, but keep one light on so that you know when the power comes back on.
- If it's just your home affected and you have Home Electrical Care, please call us on
0800 980 6004*. If you don't have cover with us, we can provide one-off repairs, call
0800 000 999.*
If you have a pay as you go meter, see our advice for Pay As You Go Energy™customers, without electricity.
Safety advice if you are without electricity:
- Don't use your gas cooker to heat your home - they are not designed for this purpose and this can cause carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Be careful with other forms of heating and lighting, such as paraffin heaters and candles.
For advice on problems you may be able to fix yourself, please see our
*Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Did you find this information useful?