You could save an average of £67 a year paying by Direct Debit - no other British Gas payment option offers a better discount. On average, people save £27 for gas and £40 for electricity over a year. This is shown on your quarterly statement and is in addition to any Dual Fuel discount.
If you are on one of our standing charge tariffs, and are a credit customer you will benefit from a 6% discount off our non Direct Debit prices.
Other reasons to pay by Direct Debit:
- It's convenient - you don't have to queue at the Post Office or bank, send a cheque or call us to make a payment
- With monthly fixed Direct Debit you can spread the cost of your annual bills, so you don't pay more in the winter when you use more energy
- It's secure and you're protected by the Direct Debit guarantee
- Choose which day of the month you make your payments
- Choose from fixed Direct Debit or variable Direct Debit
- No matter which tariff you're on you can pay by Direct Debit
Find out more about Direct Debit discounts.
Did you find this information useful?