Do not try to fix any of the following problems yourself. Turn off the electrical supply to that part of the house at the fuse box and call us on 0800 294 9650.*
Problems you should not try to fix:
- Faulty pull cord and switches (once you've checked the bulb is working and secured properly).
- Crackling or sparking lights.
- Can't get the bulb out of the fitting.
- Light switches or fittings that look damaged.
- Before calling us, check the lamps you've fitted are suitable (if you're using a dimmer switch, energy-efficient or fluorescent bulb).
- Note that when it's very cold, larger fluorescent lights sometimes flicker when first switched on.
- If your lights continue to flicker or a number of lights are affected, book a callout on
0800 294 9650.*
* Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Did you find this information useful?