We try to set your Direct Debit payments to the right level to cover your predicted energy costs. We review this amount, usually twice a year to check it's accurate and to take into account any seasonal changes in your energy usage.
If you feel your Direct Debit payments don't accurately reflect your energy usage, you can change your payment amount online by:
- Logging in to your online account
- Select the 'Manage account' link for the account you want to change your payments on.
- From here scroll down and select 'Manage your Direct Debit'.
- Then select 'Adjust monthly payment' from the left hand navigation menu.
- Enter your new monthly payment amount and click 'recalculate'.
- Check for any information messages and finally select 'save'.
Please ensure your account is up to date with an accurate meter reading, if not you can submit a meter reading online now.
Remember your actual energy use changes seasonally and most people use a lot more energy in the winter than the summer.
Any changes to your Direct Debit payments now may lead to you building up a credit or debit balance on your account. This may mean the next time we review your Direct Debit payments, they need to change again.
If you don't have an online account register now to allow you to change your payment amount online. You'll just need your customer reference number, which you'll find on any of your bills or statements.
Did you find this information useful?