- At your local PayPoint store.
There are nearly 23,500 PayPoint stores in the UK and Ireland, including newsagents, convenience stores, supermarkets and garages. Most are open long hours, many seven days a week. Just look for the Paypoint sign.
- At any Post Office.
Paying your bill at the Post Office just got easier. They have a new payment terminal, Paystation™, that no longer needs to be located behind the Post Office secure counter. Their Paystation™ terminals are situated on the retail side, in many cases giving you extended hours to purchase gas and electricity credit.
- Home Energy Top Up.
Free top up service allowing you to top up easily online from your own home.
If it's your first time topping up:
- If you have run out of credit, first turn off all your gas appliances.
- Before you top up your key/card you will need to put your key/card into the meter for at least 1 minute to activate it.
- Top up your key/card using one of the above methods. You will be given a receipt.
- Put the key/card into your meter. Electricity will show automatically. For gas, press and hold the red button (A).
Repeat steps 1, 3 and 4 each time you want to top up.
Do I have to top up a minimum amount?
If you top up using our 'Home Energy Top Up' (HETU) service, the minimum amount you can top up is £5 and in whole £ increments thereafter.
If you top up at a Post Office or Paypoint outlet, the minimum top up value is £1, and in whole £ increments thereafter.
Did you find this information useful?