If you're getting:
- A replacement pay as you go meter
The engineer will transfer your balance from your old meter to your new meter.
- A pay as you go meter replaced with a credit meter
Try to keep your balance as low as possible the week before the new meter is fitted.
- A credit meter replaced with a pay as you go meter
- You will receive a welcome letter explaining how the meter works and confirming your appointment date to have your meter replaced.
- If you are having your gas meter exchanged you will receive your new gas card in the post.
- If you are having your electricity meter exchanged, the engineer will supply you with your key.
- When the meter is installed insert your key/card in the meter for 1 minute to activate it and then top up your card/key with credit. Where to buy credit for your meter.
If there's any credit left on your meter on the day of exchange you can arrange for it to be transferred to your account by contacting us on 0800 048 0303*. We're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Did you find this information useful?