If you're having trouble paying your bill, here are some of the ways we may be able to help:
- Give you the opportunity to discuss the circumstances affecting your ability to pay your bill.
- Arrange for you to pay your bill by instalments.
- Help you choose a different payment method that may be more suitable.
- Make budgeting easier by installing a pay as you go meter at your property.
If you receive means-tested benefits, any of the following are fuel direct eligible,
(Income Support, Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance or income-based Jobseekers Allowance), we can arrange to take an amount directly from your benefits, every week or fortnight. For more information, contact your Benefits Agency or call us on
0800 107 3391.*
It's important to let us know as soon as possible if you don't think you can pay your bill. Call us on 0800 107 3391* or textphone 18001 0800 072 86268* (if you are deaf or hard of hearing). We're open weekdays 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 8am to 6pm.
We always take your circumstances into account so when you phone, please tell us if you:
- Are elderly, or have a disability or long-term illness.
- Are a tenant, the account is in your landlord's name and you pay them for your gas or electricity.
- Receive Income Support or income-based Jobseeker's Allowance.
Find out more about organisations that can help you if you're having trouble paying.
For further support and advice download our lots of ways to pay leaflet.
*Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Did you find this information useful?