If you have a pay as you go meter you can check what tariff price you are paying either online or on your meter.
You can check your gas tariff information online here.
You can also check your gas tariff information on your Pay As You Go meter.
If your meter looks similar to this:
- Remove your card from the meter.
- Press the red button A once.
- Wait for the 'Please wait' message to disappear then press and hold button A until it beeps.
- Keep pressing button A until you get to screen 9 (screens may not go in numerical order). This screen shows you your tariff for tier 1.
- Press the button again and screen 10 (screens don't go in numerical order) shows you your tariff for tier 2.
What are tier 1 and tier 2 prices?
They are your prices in pence per kilowatt hour. You pay the tier 1 rate for just the first 2680 kWh you use per annum and the tier 2 rate for everything after that. To give you an idea what this means, the average customer uses 16,500 kWh of gas per year.
Did you find this information useful?