Duncan Goodhew’s top five tips
Olympic Gold medallist and British Gas ambassador Duncan Goodhew is urging families across the country to get swimming. It is a great way to keep fit, have fun as a family and strengthen the bond between parent and child. Also, being more comfortable in the water together will help increase your confidence, hopefully allowing you and your family to enjoy yourselves more in the water together. So get swimming now and enjoy your next trip to the pool or seaside even more than before. Alternatively, if you have a question about swimming, fitness or sport you can even ask Duncan yourself. Simply post a message on our Facebook wall and watch him answer it.
Top tips to get you and your family water friendly
- Introduce your children to being in the water at an early age – babies can even begin parent-child swim lessons from when they’re only a few months old.
- When on holiday, look into arranging swimming classes for yourself or your children – they are a great way of gaining water confidence and learning essential water safety skills, and many resorts and hotels offer them.
- Go swimming together as a family to your local swimming pool. As a British Gas customer, you can sign up to our swim pass e-newsletter which is filled with special swimming offers and activities for you and your family. Plus you can keep up to date with the latest in British Swimming. You can sign up now by visiting www.britishgas.co.uk/swimpass
- Free swimming lessons are also available for senior citizens and under 16s through local government initiatives – to find out more visit www.swimming.org
- If you’re an adult and can’t swim, contact your local pool for information on lessons for all ages. They will be able to tell you about times, dates and prices.
You may also be interested in
British Gas swimming ambassador Duncan Goodhew's story so far.