Posted by British Gas in Swimming
British Gas, in partnership with British Swimming, are giving you and your family a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet our British Swimming Team Heroes this summer!
From 17th August 2012 the household names of British Swimming will be joining us in locations across the country for a day of family fun and aquatic activities, and we’ll be coming to a town near you.
Only children aged between 8 and 12 will be able to get in the pool with their heroes from swimming, diving, synchro and water polo as the tour sweeps its way across the nation - stopping at London, Liverpool, Glasgow, Swansea and Coventry.
Get the chance to share in the successes and glories of this incredible group of elite aquatic athletes with your family by visiting our Facebook app now. All you need to do to enter is submit your Name, Address, Telephone Number, Preferred Tour Location, Ages of Children (up to 2 children allowed) and Contact Email by the closing date for each location, found in our Terms & Conditions below.
So what are you waiting for? Dive in now!
Tour dates and locations:
- 17th August – London - Gurnell Pool in Ealing
- 17th August – London - The Park Club
- 18th August – Liverpool Aquatics Centre
- 22nd August – Glasgow - Scotstoun Pool
- 13th September – Swansea - Wales National Pool
- 17th September – Coventry - Aquatics Centre
Please note, only children aged 8-12 years old will be allowed into the pool.
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary. Entrants must be a resident in the UK, CI or IOM and aged 18 years or older. British Gas reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity.
2. Entry to the British Gas Heroes Tour ticket prize draw (“the Promotion”) can only be made through the official competition app found at: http://www.facebook.com/BGSwimming/app_235460936575359
3. To enter: Simply enter your Name, Address, Telephone Number, Ages of Children (up to 2 children allowed), Contact Email and Preferred Tour Location into the entry form found on our BGSwimming competition app. Entries must be received by the following closing dates depending on location:
a. London (Both Events): 11.59pm on Monday 13th August 2012
b. Liverpool: 11.59pm on Monday 13th August 2012
c. Glasgow: 11.59pm on Monday 13th August 2012
d. Swansea: 11.59pm on Monday 3rd September 2012
e. Coventry: 11.59pm on Monday 3rd September 2012
4. There are 4 sets of family tickets per city available, valid for 2 adults and 2 children, to take part in the British Swimming Heroes Tour. Each day consists of time with the British Swimming Heroes (British Swimming Team members), a swimming master class, and aquatic activities. Children wishing to take part in the master class and aquatic activities must be between the ages of 8-12 and be able to swim 25 metres unassisted.
The Heroes Tour will take place on the following dates:
- 17th August – London, Gurnell Pool in Ealing
- 17th August – London, The Park pool
- 18th August – Liverpool, Aquatics Centre
- 22nd August – Glasgow, Scotstoun Pool
- 13th September – Swansea, Wales National Pool
- 17th September – Coventry, Aquatics Centre
Note: Swim Heroes attending events will vary by location and for legal reasons cannot be revealed.
5. Winners must be available on the dates specified on their winning tickets, no alternative dates will be provided.
6. The winners will be randomly selected by an independent third party within 24 hours of the relevant closing date. Winners will then be notified by email within 5 working days of that closing date.
7. Employees and families of the promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter. Only one entry per person.
8. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
9. Any travel and accommodation expenses and any other expenses or charges incurred are the sole responsibility of the Winner and must be paid in full prior to the event.
10. By entering into the prize draw, you consent to being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may contact you via email, phone or post in order to keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw.
11. By entering this Promotion the Participant agrees that their image, biography and likeness (if applicable) may be used by British Gas in unpaid promotional related publicity (including photographic shots and interviews), for a limited period of 1 year from the date of the Promotion.
12. British Gas accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible or damaged or for technical failures or corrupted entries. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt.
13. If British Gas is unable to contact a Winner within 48 hours, it reserves the right to award the Prize to the next runner up.
14. British Gas reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or select alternative Winner(s) in the event that it believes that any entrant has contravened these Terms and Conditions.
15. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Gas offer / promotion.
16. The prize is as stated, no alternative prizes are available.
17. British Gas and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the quality of the product/service and/or facilities forming part of the prize that the Winner experiences at the Heroes Tour.
18. British Gas shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfill its contractual obligations although British Gas shall take reasonable steps to try and minimize the effect of any such failures.
19. British Gas reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
20. Participants enter the Promotion and participate in the Heroes Tour at their own risk and no responsibility or liability will be accepted by British Gas.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
22. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these rules.
Promoter: British Gas, Lakeside House, The Causeway, Staines, TW18 3BY