Posted by British Gas in Swimming
Can you guess how many armbands are in our van to win a Masterclass from Olympic Silver Medallist Keri-anne Payne?
We have armbands by the vanload!! British Gas have been attending Great Swims across the country asking participants and Twitter followers alike to guess the number of armbands contained within their van.
If you can guess the correct number, or are the closest to the correct number, you could win an Open Water Swimming Masterclass from two-time World 10 km Open Water champion, and an Olympic silver medallist,– Keri-anne Payne!
Simply submit your guess to @BGSwimming and add #GreatSwimArmbands to enter!
Remember, only one entry per person
More info on Great Swims can be found by clicking here
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary, entries must be received by 11am on 31st August 2012 (the “Closing Date”).
2. Entry to the BG Armband competition (the “Promotion”) is via Twitter only. To enter: Simply guess the number of armbands in the British Gas van from the image provided and send your answer to @BGSwimming using #GreatSwimArmbands.
3. Only one entry per person is permitted. A Twitter account is required to enter.
4. To enter the Promotion you must be a resident in the UK, CI or IOM and aged 16 years or older and must be able to swim 50 metres unassisted. British Gas reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and check their identity. Employees and families of the promoter, its agents and anyone professionally connected with the promotion are not eligible to enter.
5. There is one prize consisting of a free one-hour open water master class with a member of the British Swimming team (the “Master Class”) as confirmed by the promoter (the “Prize”). The winner is likely to have to travel.
6. The date of the Master Class will be agreed between British Gas and the Winner, at a mutually convenient time. The prize is as stated no cash alternative is available.
7. The winner will be the person whose estimate of the number of armbands in the British Gas van is closest to the actual number of armbands (the “Winner”) and the Winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter within 14 working days of the Closing Date. Please allow 28 days for delivery of full prize details and booking confirmation.
8. In the event of more than one entrant guessing the correct number, or making the closest guess, then a winner will be drawn at random from all such entries.
9. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity.
10. The Master Class is to be held in a suitable open water location, dependent on health and safety requirements and considerations.
11. Any travel and accommodation expenses up to the value of £100.00, will be paid by British Gas. Any other expenses or charges incurred that are not covered by the £100.00 travel and accommodation expense budget are the sole responsibility of the Winner and must be paid in full prior to the Master Class.
12. By entering into the prize draw, you consent to being contacted by the Promoter in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Promoter may contact you via email, phone or post in order to:
a. keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw;
b. provide you with more information about British Gas, its products and services, where you have agreed to this
14. By entering this Promotion the Participant agrees that their image, biography and likeness (if applicable) may be used by British Gas in unpaid promotional related publicity (including photographic shots and interviews), for a limited period of 1 year from the date of the Promotion.
15. British Gas accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, incomplete, illegible or damaged or for technical failures or corrupted entries. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of receipt.
16. If British Gas is unable to contact the Winner within 14 days of the Closing Date, it reserves the right to award the Prize to the person who made the next closest estimate of the number of armbands, or to draw a winner from the next closest entries if more than one.
17. British Gas reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or select alternative Winner(s) in the event that it believes that any entrant has contravened these Terms and Conditions.
18. Prizes can not be used in conjunction with any other British Gas offer / promotion.
19. Prize can be donated to a charity or to a local school on mutually agreed terms between British Gas and the Winner.
20. British Gas and their agents cannot accept responsibility for the quality of the product/service and/or facilities, forming part of the Prize, that the Winner experiences at the Master class.
21. British Gas shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfill its contractual obligations although British Gas shall take reasonable steps to try and minimize the effect of any such failures.
22. British Gas reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
23. Participants enter the Promotion and participate in the Master Class at their own risk and no responsibility or liability will be accepted by British Gas.
24. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
25. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these rules.
Promoter: British Gas, Lakeside House, The Causeway, Staines, TW18 3BY