Gas Emergency Services
0800 111 999 (This is a 24 hour emergency line).
If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999.
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
- Do not turn on/off any electrical switches
- Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition
- If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually
Your electricity network operator looks after the safety and security of your electricity supply. Please contact one of the operators below in the event of an electrical emergency or power outage.
|East Midlands||0800 056 8090|
|London Electricity||0800 028 0247|
|Manweb||0845 272 2424|
|Midlands||0800 328 1111|
|Northern||0800 66 88 77|
|Norweb||0800 195 4141|
|Scottish Hydro||0800 300 999|
|Scottish Power||0845 272 7999|
|Seeboard||0800 783 8866|
|Southern||0800 072 7282|
|SWALEC||0800 052 0400|
|SWEB||0800 365 900|
|Yorkshire||0800 375 675|
If you lose electricity, you’ll find your local emergency number on the front of your bill.
Central Heating Emergencies
Emergency central heating repairs for an upfront fixed price. Call 08450 777 111* to arrange an engineer's visit.
Prepayment meter run out? Need to recharge your card? Need to find your nearest paypoint? Contact 0845 760 0633**
* Lines open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm. BT customers will be charged a minimum of 4p per minute for this call (or 1p per minute during evenings and weekends). A call set up fee of 3p applies to calls from residential lines. Non BT customers should check the cost of their call with their provider. Your call may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
** Lines open 8am-8pm Mondays to Fridays, 8am-6pm Saturdays. BT customers will be charged a minimum of 4p per minute for this call (or 1p per minute during evenings and weekends). A call set up fee of 3p applies to calls from residential lines. Non BT customers should check the cost of their call with their provider. Your call may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
We’re here to help
Got a question? Need help or have feedback?