Gas Emergency Services
0800 111 999 (This is a 24 hour emergency line)
If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, please call the free Gas Emergency Services emergency line immediately on 0800 111 999.
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
- Do not turn on/off any naked electrical switches
- Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition
- If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually
Your electricity network operator looks after the safety and security of your electricity supply. Please contact one of the operators below in the event of an electrical emergency or power outage.
|National Grid Metering||
0870 060 0005
|E.ON||0800 056 8090|
|Northern Electric||0800 66 88 77|
|United Utilities||0800 195 4141|
|SEEBOARD||0800 783 8866|
|Southern Electric||0800 052 0400|
|SWALEC||0800 052 0400|
|SWEB||0800 365 900|
|Yorkshire Electricity||0800 375 675|
|Scottish Hydro||0845 272 7999|
|Scottish Power||0845 272 7999|
|EDF Energy||0800 028 0247|
|London Electricity||0800 028 0247|
|MANWEB||0800 365 900|
|GPU (Midlands)||0845 733 1331|
Central Heating Emergencies
Emergency central heating repairs for an upfront fixed price. Call 08450 777 111* to arrange an engineer's visit.
Prepayment meter run out? Need to recharge your card? Need to find your nearest paypoint? Contact 0845 760 0633**
* Lines open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-6pm. BT customers will be charged a minimum of 4p per minute for this call (or 1p per minute during evenings and weekends). A call set up fee of 3p applies to calls from residential lines. Non BT customers should check the cost of their call with their provider. Your call may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
** Lines open 8am-8pm Mondays to Fridays, 8am-6pm Saturdays. BT customers will be charged a minimum of 4p per minute for this call (or 1p per minute during evenings and weekends). A call set up fee of 3p applies to calls from residential lines. Non BT customers should check the cost of their call with their provider. Your call may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
We’re here to help
Got a question? Need help or have feedback?