Nectar reward scheme
British Gas Terms and conditions
1. The Nectar rewards scheme (Nectar Scheme) is operated by a company called Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited (Nectar). Members of the Nectar Scheme (Collectors) can collect points (Nectar Points) for products and services that they purchase from the companies which participate in the Nectar Scheme. Collectors can redeem Nectar Points for various rewards from certain sponsors of the Nectar Scheme.
2. We, British Gas, are a sponsor of the Nectar Scheme. This document describes the way in which Collectors can collect and redeem Nectar Points with us and the terms and conditions which apply between us and you as a Collector. British Gas is a trading name of British Gas Trading Limited (company number 03078711) whose registered office is at Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5GD.
3. The main rules which apply to Collectors (Nectar Rules) are set by Nectar and you can see these at http://www.nectar.com. The Nectar Rules contain important information relating to the collection and redemption of Nectar Points, your participation in the Nectar Scheme and the use of information which Nectar collects about you or which relates to your participation in the Nectar Scheme.
4. By collecting and/or redeeming Nectar Points with us, you accept these terms and conditions. We may need to update these terms and conditions from time to time or change the way that you can collect or redeem Nectar Points with us. If we make any changes, we will post these to our website: www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar. If the changes we have made are particularly important, we may also notify you in writing by email or post. If you continue to collect and/or redeem Nectar Points with us after we have made changes, we will treat you as having accepted the changes we have made.
5. In order to collect and redeem Nectar Points from us, you must first have an account with Nectar (Nectar Account). You can find details of this at www.nectar.com. Once you have a Nectar Account, you will need to link your Nectar Account to your account(s) with us.
6. You can link your Nectar Account to your account(s) with us by filling in the registration form located on www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar or by contacting us on 0800 048 0202 to speak to one of our operators. It may also be possible to link your Nectar Account to your account(s) with us in other ways. If this is possible we will post details on www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar and we may also notify you in other ways, for example by email or post.
7. You must provide us with the information we need to be able to link your Nectar Account to your account(s) with us. We will not be responsible if the information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate and we may not allocate Nectar Points to you as a result or allow you to collect or redeem Nectar Points with us.
8. Once your Nectar Account has been successfully linked to your account(s) with us, you will start to receive regular information about how to collect and redeem Nectar Points with us. The first thing we will send you will be a welcome pack. This will be sent to you by post and will include important information about collecting and redeeming Nectar Points with us and also details of current Nectar Point offers.
9. If your Nectar Account is not linked to your account(s) with us when you purchase a product or service which qualifies for Nectar Points (for example if you do not have a Nectar Account, you do not know your Nectar Account details at the point of purchase or if there is a problem with the information you have provided), we will store the Nectar Points relating to that purchase for up to 3 months from the date of that purchase. If your Nectar Account is linked to your account(s) with us within those 3 months, we will credit the stored Nectar Points to your Nectar Account. If your Nectar Account is not linked to your account(s) with us within those 3 months, you will no longer be entitled to claim any Nectar Points that we had stored for you in relation to that purchase.
Eligibility for Points
10. To be entitled to collect or redeem Nectar Points with us, you must be a consumer and you must have at least one qualifying product with us. You can see a list of qualifying products at www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar (Qualifying Products). We may update the list of Qualifying Products from time to time. Customers of British Gas Business are not currently eligible to collect or redeem Nectar Points with us in relation to the products or services they purchase from us for their business.
11. Even if you are a consumer and have a Qualifying Product, you will not be able to collect or redeem Nectar Points with us if:
- you owe us money for that Qualifying Product and the amount has been outstanding for more than 42 days; or
- you have not complied with the terms and conditions for that Qualifying Product.
12. There may also be circumstances when we may either:
- refuse to create a link between your Nectar Account and your account(s) with us;
- cancel a link that has already been created;
- refuse to allocate Nectar Points to you; or
- stop you from redeeming Nectar Points with us
We will not do any of these things without a good reason to do so, for example if you have not complied with these terms and conditions or the Nectar Rules or if Nectar have asked us to act in this way.
Collection of Points
13. You’ll collect points continuously and they will appear on your account at the rates specified at www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar. We will allocate Nectar Points to Qualifying Products at the rates specified at www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar. We may update the amount of Nectar Points allocated to Qualifying Products from time to time.
14. In addition to issuing Nectar Points for Qualifying Products, we may also offer promotions where Nectar Points may be awarded for additional products, services or activities or where Nectar Points may be awarded at an increased rate (e.g. double Point promotions). When these types of offers are available, details will be set out on www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar. We may also tell you directly by email, post or other convenient means. We may also advertise the availability of these offers.
15. If you think that there has been a mistake in the number of Nectar Points that we have allocated to you, you should notify us as soon as possible by calling 0800 048 0202. If we agree that a mistake has occurred, we will arrange for the mistake to be corrected. We will act fairly in determining whether a mistake has occurred but our decision in the matter will be final.
Redemption of Points
16. You may be able to redeem your Nectar Points in exchange for various rewards from us (Rewards). When Rewards are available, we will publish details on www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar together with any terms and conditions specific to those Rewards.
17. All Rewards are subject to availability. Should any Reward become unavailable for any reason, we reserve the right to withdraw that Reward immediately. Where it is possible for us to do so, if we withdraw a Reward we may replace it with an alternative Reward of similar value.
18. We may refuse a request to redeem Nectar Points if we believe that:
- you have not complied with any of these terms and conditions or any terms and conditions applicable to the desired Reward;
- you have not complied with the Nectar Rules; or
- there has been an abuse or attempted abuse of the Nectar Scheme.
We may also refuse a request to redeem Nectar Points where Nectar asks us to.
19. Once you have redeemed Nectar Points they cannot be used again. If you cancel, reverse or do not complete a transaction on which you were going to redeem Nectar Points with us and we have already received those Nectar Points from you, we will arrange for those Nectar Points to be credited back into your Nectar Account.
20. Nectar Points have no cash value and no cash alternative will be given for any Rewards.
Suspension/Termination; Closure of the Scheme
21. If you want to cancel the link between your Nectar Account and your account(s) with us you should tell us. You may do so at any time by calling 0800 048 0202 or by writing to us at British Gas, PO BOX 4805, WORTHING BN11 9QW.
22. If you cancel this agreement during any year (for example by switching to another energy supplier), you will receive an amount of points based on the number of days you have been with us during that year.
23. We may immediately suspend or cancel the link between your Nectar Account and your account(s) with us and/or withdraw or cancel any Nectar Points allocated to you if:
- you are not complying with these terms and conditions or the Nectar Rules or you are abusing the Nectar Scheme;
- you are no longer eligible to collect and redeem Nectar Points with us as described in clauses 10 and 11;
- you supply false or misleading information to us or to Nectar;
- you are abusive or offensive to any member of our staff; or
- you no longer have an active Nectar Account.
We will tell you if we decide to do this.
24. If we suspend the link between your Nectar Account and your account(s) with us, you will not be entitled to collect or redeem Points with us for the duration of that suspension.
25. We reserve the right immediately to suspend or cease to issue Nectar Points and/or to supply Rewards if it becomes unlawful for us to do so, if the Nectar Scheme is suspended or terminated, if our right to issue Nectar Points or supply Rewards is suspended or terminated for any reason or if Nectar ceases to trade. In such circumstances, we will post a notice on www.britishgas.co.uk/Nectar as soon as reasonably possible.
Use of Personal Information
27. In order for you to make the most of British Gas participating in the Nectar Scheme, we or our agents will provide you with information about promotions, products and services and third party products and services against which you can collect and redeem Nectar Points. Where we contact you, we or our agents may provide information and marketing materials by mail, email, phone, text or multimedia message or other forms of electronic communications (such as via smart meters). You agree that we or our agents may provide this information to you separate and additional to your existing British Gas marketing preference. If you do not wish to receive such information relating to the Nectar Scheme from us or our agents, you should notify us by writing to FREEPOST BGNT, PO BOX 490, MANCHESTER M16 6BY. You can also notify by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling the Nectar Specialist Team on Freephone 0800 072 4870.
28. Our only responsibilities to you in relation to the Nectar Scheme are set out in these terms and conditions. We will only be liable to you if you suffer a loss because we have not complied with these terms and conditions. If we have not complied, we will credit to your Nectar Account any Nectar Points which should have been credited to you but were not or which have been wrongly deducted from you. We will not accept any further obligations or liability to you unless we are required by law to do so.
29. These terms and conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other terms or communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
30. These terms and conditions and any non-contractual matters arising in relation to them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Each Collector who takes part in a SwimBritain event and has linked or links their Nectar Account with their account(s) with us will receive 200 points per team member. Collectors who choose the SwimBritain DIY option are not eligible for this promotion.
In addition, each team will be entered into a prize draw to win 100,000 Nectar points, to be shared equally between all Collectors in the team. This prize draw is open to all Collectors except employees of Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited, British Gas or anyone else connected with the promotion. Only one entry per Collector. There is one prize of 100,000 Nectar points to be won. Eligible Collectors can enter the prize draw between 28th May and 13th September 2013 by providing their Nectar card number on the British Gas SwimBritain website, www.swimbritain.co.uk, when signing up. The prize draw will take place by the 31st October 2013.
The prizewinner will be the first name drawn at random from valid entries. The results of the prize draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are non-transferable. The 100,000 Nectar points will be added to the winners' Nectar account(s) within 28 days of the draw date. The prizewinner(s) will be notified that they are a winner by Nectar by email within 28 days of the draw date.
The prizewinner(s) must be prepared to take part in and have their name mentioned in all Nectar publicity and all British Gas publicity related to the promotion, including in social media such as Facebook and Twitter. Details of the prizewinner(s) can be obtained for a period of 6 weeks following allocation of the prize by sending a SAE to Ania Krwawicz, Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited, 80 Strand, 3rd Floor, London, WC2R 0NN. By entering the prize draw, Collectors agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Promoter: Aimia Coalition Loyalty UK Limited, 80 Strand, 3rd Floor, London, WC2R 0NN.