Setting up Home Energy Top Up
What do I need to be able to use the Home Energy Top Up system on my computer?
To use Home Energy Top Up you will need:
- A personal computer/laptop running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Home internet access.
- Home Energy Top Up only works on the 32bit version of Internet Explorer and not the 64 bit version.
- Windows 7 – Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
- Windows 8 – Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- A USB port.
- A debit card.
Please note: Apple products are not compatible.
How to check what operating system you have:
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Go to System and Security.
- Go to System.
- You should see your system properties which will tell you if you are using one of the compatible Windows systems.
How to check what version of Internet Explorer you have:
- If you have Internet Explorer, open an internet browser window.
- Press the F1 key on your keyboard. The help menu window should appear and show you which version of Internet Explorer you have.
If that doesn’t work:
- Go to Help in the control bar or look for the cogwheel icon or Tools menu.
- Select About Internet Explorer.
- A box will appear to tell you which version of Internet Explorer you have.