Using Home Energy Top Up
How do I get a new card or key for Home Energy Top Up?
You can collect a new gas card from your nearest PayPoint store, simply by telling the shopkeeper that you need a new card. Before putting credit on the card, you need to activate it by inserting it in your meter for 1 minute. Find a PayPoint near you.
We can also post a new card out to you within 3 working days. Please call us on 0800 048 0303* to arrange this.
If there was any money on the card when it was lost then we can refund this to you. Simply call us on the above number and tell the Customer Service Advisor how much was lost. They will perform some checks on this and then issue the refund as a credit to your gas card. You may be asked to provide proof of purchase before a refund can be sent.
Call us to arrange to collect your new key from your local PayPoint store:
- Call us on 0800 048 0303* with your meter serial number handy. This is the number beginning with S or F and usually under the screen next to the barcode (if you can’t find it, one of our advisors will be able to help you on call).
- We'll give you a reference number when you call us.
- Wait at least 30 minutes then go to your local PayPoint and collect your new key.
- If you’re unable to collect the key yourself, we can post a new key out to you within 3 working days.
We can refund any credit you had on the key when you lost it. Simply tell the Customer Service Advisor of the amount when you are arranging the reference number with us or having the key posted out. They will then perform some checks on this and put the refund onto the new key. You may be asked to provide proof of purchase before a refund can be added.
* Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday: 8am - 6pm.