How do I change my pay as you go meter to a credit billing meter?

( ratingratings)

We may be able to exchange your meter if:

  • You're over 18 or somebody over 18 is willing to take responsibility for your account.
  • You're not in debit on any British Gas account.
  • You're not in credit by over £50 (we suggest you run your credit down as much as possible as we can't transfer large amounts to your new credit meter).

Take an up-to-date meter reading and call us on 0800 048 0303*. We'll do a credit check in your name. If you pass the credit check we can arrange for a date for your meter to be exchanged and discuss your payment options.

*Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.


How useful did you find the information on this page?

Share your thoughts to help us improve our website.