Terms & conditions
1. You need to be an existing Nectar card holder with British Gas and register with British Gas to be eligible to enter the competition.
2. The prize draw is open to UK residents only aged 18 or over except employees of British Gas and AIMIA.
3. To enter the draw, you need to complete one of the following actions between 1st July 2012 and 30th September 2012:
- Switch your gas and electricity.
- Sign up to a HomeCare® product.
- Upgrade your HomeCare® agreement.
- Pay by Direct Debit.
- Register for an online account.
4. The prize draw will take place on 31st October 2012 and winners will receive their points within 14 days of responding to their notification from British Gas.
5. Closing date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm (GMT) on the 30th September 2012. Any entries received after the closing time will not be counted.
6. Prizes consist of one prize of 1 million points, plus one hundred 10,000 point prizes. No entrant may win more than one prize.
7. The prizes may not be exchanged (in whole or in part) for a cash value.
8. Offer may be amended or withdrawn at any time without notice.
9. The first entry drawn at random by an independent judge from all valid entries received by the closing date will win the Main Prize. The next one hundred entries drawn at random by an independent judge from all remaining valid entries received by the closing date will win a Runner-Up Prize. In the event of any dispute the decision of the judge is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. Each winner will be notified by phone call, email or post (using the details provided to British Gas and Nectar at the time of entry) within 14 days of the prize draw on the 31st October. Each winner must claim their prize within 60 days of the notification. If a prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
11. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify without notice any individual who it reasonably believes has acted fraudulently, tampered or attempted to tamper with the operation of the promotion or acted in violation of these terms and conditions.
13. By entering, the winner of the Main Prize agrees and consents to (i) take part in a post promotion interview and to participate in any other unpaid promotional activities reasonably required by the Promoter; and (ii) their image, biography and likeness (if applicable) being used by the Promoter in unpaid promotional related publicity in all media (including photographic shots and interviews) for a limited period of 1 year from the closing date of this prize draw.
14. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.
- Keep you updated about your entry into the prize draw;
- Provide you with more information regarding the nectar and British Gas partnership and the millionaire prize draw.