A guide to getting a boiler with British Gas
A step-by-step guide
Step 1 - Book an appointment with an
expert Heating Adviser
- Choose a time and date that suits you, including evenings and weekends.
Step 2 - The Heating Adviser visit
- Your Heating Adviser will call ahead to let you know they’re on their way.
- They’ll carry out a detailed assessment of your home and talk you through your boiler and heating options.
- They’ll give you a fixed price quote and explain your payment options.
- The visit should take 90 minutes to complete.
Step 3 – Arrange an installation
- If you decide to go ahead, your Heating Adviser will arrange a convenient installation date.
- You’ll receive contact details for our Customer Support Team, should you need to get in touch.
Step 4 - Your new boiler installation
- Your Engineer will call beforehand to introduce themselves.
- Before they start, they will run you through some important safety information.
- Once your installation is complete, your Engineer will give you a full explanation of how to use your new boiler and controls.
- They’ll leave your home clean and tidy, and will arrange the disposal of all waste including the old boiler.
Step 5 - After your installation
- You’ll get HomeCare 200™ for a year worth £228, which includes service and repairs for your boiler, controls and central heating system.
- You’ll also receive a year’s free plumbing, drains and home electrical cover.
- If you need help, you can call our Customer Service Team 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year.
Book an appointment for a British Gas Heating Adviser visit today.
Reasons to choose British Gas
Pay monthly with no upfront deposit
We could help you spread the cost over 3-10 years or you could choose to pay in full if you’d prefer.
British Gas New Heating Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of British Gas Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for its insurance mediation activities. Registration number 490568.
 Excludes contracted out services.
 Free plumbing, drains and home electrical cover is available to quotes issued by 31st December 2014, will be applied after boiler installation and is available for domestic properties only.
* Based on 546 customer responses collected between 09/12/14 & 12/12/14.