Boiler installation step-by-step guide
We pride ourselves on the quality of service we offer throughout the process of buying and installing a new boiler or central heating system. Read our step by step guide to see what you can expect from British Gas at every stage.
Step 1 - Book an appointment
- Book an appointment with one of our local Heating Advisers - you can choose a 2 hour time slot on a date that suits you.
- If you're a landlord, we'll help to arrange a time when you and your tenant can be at the property.
Step 2 - The Heating Adviser visit
- Our Heating Adviser will call ahead to let you know they are on their way.*
- They will survey your property and assess your specific heating needs. They'll then talk you through your options and provide details of our latest offers.
- You'll get a fixed price quote - so even if there's unexpected work, you won't pay a penny more.
- If you wish to go ahead, they’ll arrange a date for your installation.
Step 3 - Your new boiler installation
- Materials will be delivered a few days in advance so our Engineer can start work as soon as they arrive.
- Before they start, our Engineer will take you through a safety briefing to ensure you and anyone else in your property remain safe at all times.
- They will cover carpets and protect surfaces to minimise damage to your property.
- Once finished, they’ll explain how to use your new boiler and what to do if you need any help after.
Step 4 - Our guarantee to you
- Every boiler installation comes with 1 year's aftercare worth £228 – providing cover for your boiler, heating controls and central heating system.
- You'll be given all the relevant documentation - essential if you ever want to sell your home.
You may also be interested in
British Gas New Heating Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for its consumer credit activities.
* Excludes contracted out services.