Boiler installation step-by-step guide
We pride ourselves on the quality of service we offer throughout the process of buying and installing a new boiler or central heating system. Read our step by step guide to see what you can expect from British Gas at every stage.
Step 1 - Book an appointment
- Book an appointment with one of our local Heating Advisers - you can choose a 2 hour time slot on a date that suits you.
- If you're a landlord, we'll help to arrange a time when you and your tenant can be at the property.
Step 2 - The Heating Adviser visit
- Our Heating Adviser will call ahead to let you know they are on their way.*
- They will survey your property and assess your specific heating needs. They'll then talk you through your options and provide details of our latest offers.
- You'll get a fixed price quote - so even if there's unexpected work, you won't pay a penny more.
- If you wish to go ahead, they’ll arrange a date for your installation.
Step 3 - Your new boiler installation
- Materials will be delivered a few days in advance so our Engineer can start work as soon as they arrive.
- Before they start, our Engineer will take you through a safety briefing to ensure you and anyone else in your property remain safe at all times.
- They will cover carpets and protect surfaces to minimise damage to your property.
- Once finished, they’ll explain how to use your new boiler and what to do if you need any help after.
Step 4 - Our guarantee to you
- Your new boiler comes with free boiler and central heating cover for 1 year - worth £216.
- You'll be given all the relevant documentation - essential if you ever want to sell your home.
- And we guarantee that spare parts will be available for at least 10 years after installation.
Get a boiler quote now
Book an appointment and one of our local Heating Advisers will visit your home for free to assess your heating needs and provide a no-obligation fixed price quote.
You may also be interested in
British Gas New Heating Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for its consumer credit activities.
* Excludes contracted out services.