Central heating & boilers explained
If you’re thinking about changing your boiler, it’s important to know the different types and how they work.
There are three main types of boiler to choose from:
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of getting a new boiler or arrange a home assessment, book an appointment online now.
Types of boilers
- Get limitless hot water on demand.
- No need for a cold water tank or hot water cylinder.
- Ideal for smaller houses and apartments.
- Can deliver hot water to multiple taps at once.
- Includes a cold water tank and a hot water cylinder.
- Ideal for larger homes with more than one bathroom.
- Similar to a conventional boiler.
- Many key components are built into the boiler unit.
- Ideal for larger homes looking to save space.
Reasons to choose British Gas
We guarantee a fixed price - with no hidden surprises.
Free aftercare included for your boiler and heating.
Priority installation dates for those in need.
Our experts leave your home clean and safe.
* 5008 respondents between 1st July - 31st July 2014.
9/10 customers recommend us for a new boiler*
‘Easy to understand quote. Engineers arrived on time and were quick, efficient and tidy’