Central heating & boilers explained
If you’re thinking about changing your boiler, it’s important to know the different types and how they work.
There are three main types of boiler to choose from:
If you’d like to find out more about the benefits of getting a new boiler or arrange a home assessment, book an appointment online now.
Types of boilers
- Get limitless hot water on demand.
- No need for a cold water tank or hot water cylinder.
- Ideal for smaller houses and apartments.
- Can deliver hot water to multiple taps at once.
- Includes a cold water tank and a hot water cylinder.
- Ideal for larger homes with more than one bathroom.
- Similar to a conventional boiler.
- Many key components are built into the boiler unit.
- Ideal for larger homes looking to save space.
Reasons to choose British Gas
Pay monthly with no upfront deposit
We could help you spread the cost over 3-10 years or you could choose to pay in full if you’d prefer.
British Gas New Heating Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for its consumer credit activities.
* Based on 546 customer responses collected between 09/12/14 & 12/12/14.