Combi boilers explained
- Combi boilers are the UK’s most popular type of boiler.
- Hot water for your taps and central heating system is supplied directly from the boiler unit.
- Ideal for smaller homes and homes with one bathroom.
- Provides limitless hot water on demand.
- Can be an economical option, as combi boilers only heat the water you use.
- A great space-saving solution with no need for a separate cold water tank or hot water cylinder.
- Installation may be quicker as there are fewer parts in a combi central heating system.
- Depending on your mains water pressure, the flow of hot water could be reduced if you’re using more than one tap at the same time.
- Water can sometimes take a few seconds to heat up.
Reasons to choose British Gas
We guarantee a fixed price - with no hidden surprises.
Free aftercare included for your boiler and heating.
Priority installation dates for those in need.
Our experts leave your home clean and safe.
* 5008 respondents between 1st July - 31st July 2014.
9/10 customers recommend us for a new boiler*
‘Easy to understand quote. Engineers arrived on time and were quick, efficient and tidy’