Free electric vehicle charging
FREE electric vehicle charging package available now
Offer available across the UK until 31st March 2015
Thanks to the government's subsidised funding scheme, British Gas is offering electric vehicle users nationwide the option of having a safer charging point installed at home for free.
Data enabled charging point - (J1772)
Our limited-time offer includes the following for no extra cost:
- A free 16 Amp data-enabled charging point (4.5m cable) with a recommended connector that’s most suitable for your own specific vehicle. This will give you faster and more convenient charging at home.
- Home suitability survey and data enabled charging point installation. Survey and standard installation by a fully-trained British Gas electrician on the same day for your convenience.
- Installation of a dedicated circuit, separate from your home electrical circuit, allowing for faster charging that won't affect your home electrics.
- Charging point installed to IET industry guidelines.
- Three year data enabled charging point warranty and three year parts and labour warranty.
- Access to Chargevision online account management and smart phone app to help you keep track of your energy usage.
- Monthly network updates by email.
To receive this free offer you will need an O2 data network connection which will be used to collect your usage data. The British Gas electrician will run tests during your survey to check your eligibility. For further details about this please visit help & advice.
Did you know your friends and family can also take up the FREE offer?
Why not create your own mini charging infrastructure by getting your friends and family to take up the FREE electric vehicle charging package. They don't need to own an electric vehicle and you can charge up the next time you're visiting.
- For just £99 you can upgrade to a 30 Amp charging point. This will not only reduce your charging time but also mean your charging point is future proof. If you were to upgrade at a later date from a 16 Amp unit to a 30 Amp this would cost you around £1000.
- An installation only option is available on quotation for customers who already have their own charging point.
- We offer a non-data-enabled charging point as an alternative option for customers who can't receive the O2 data network connection and who are therefore not eligible for the free offer.
To find out more about the above alternative options please call us on 0800 980 8175 
You may also be interested in
 Access and usage of POLAR public charging network available across UK at no additional cost. This offer is subject to availability and any proposed offer end date will be published in advance. To find out what's included in this offer, refer to the frequently asked questions section. This offer is only valid in mainland UK and excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. See our full Terms & conditions.
 Charging times assume the battery is charged constantly at the max rate with 100% efficient charging. Calculations based on using a 16 Amp charging unit compared to a10 Amp 3 pin plug socket. Actual charging times depend on a vehicle’s charging cycle, the size of the electric vehicle battery and the charging current (amps) of the charging point.
 Chargemaster products, including all components and accessories shall be fully guaranteed against all defects arising from faults in design, manufacture and workmanship for a period of 36 months from delivery of charging points/s. Anything else is excluded. Applies to mainland UK only.
 British Gas guarantees all parts and labour for 36 months from the date of any repair/fitting. Any guarantees do not affect your legal rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get advice about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
 Phone lines are open 8am-5pm Mon to Fri. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Frequently asked questions