Electric vehicle charging package
Further to the Office of Low Emission Vehicles’ recent announcement to reduce the subsidised funding for electric vehicle home charge points, we can no longer offer a charging point free of charge. Our new price for a subsidised charging point is £115 (including VAT) for the 16 Amp data-enabled charging point (4.5m cable) with a recommended connector that’s most suitable for your own specific vehicle. Other options including 30A and non tethered units are also available. For more information and to continue with your purchase of a subsidised charging point, please Apply here.
Electric vehicle charging point available now from just £115
Updated offer available across the UK until 31st August 2014
Thanks to the government's subsidised funding scheme, British Gas is offering electric vehicle users nationwide the option of having a charging point installed at home for £115.
Data enabled charging point - (J1772)
The key benefits of the British Gas electric vehicle charging point include:
- Faster home charging for your electric vehicle.
- A wall fixed charging solution for your convenience; avoid having to get a cable out of your boot every time you want to charge your vehicle.
- Expert installation by a fully-trained and certified British Gas electrician, for your peace of mind.
For just £115, our limited-time offer includes the following:
- A 16 Amp data-enabled charging point (4.5m connector cable) with a recommended connector that’s most suitable for your own specific vehicle, giving you faster and more convenient charging at home.
- Home suitability survey and data enabled charging point installation. Survey and standard installation is undertaken by a fully-trained and certified British Gas electrician on the same day for your convenience.
- Installation of a dedicated circuit, separate from your home electrical circuit, allowing for faster and safer charging that won't affect your home electrics.
- Three year data enabled charging point warranty and three year parts and labour warranty.
- Charging point installed to IET industry guidelines.
To receive this offer you will need:
- To provide evidence of ownership of, or access to, a plug-in vehicle in order to be able to qualify for the government's subsidised funding scheme.
- Off-street parking.
- Suitability of the proposed site for the installation services, the electrician will advise on this.
- A suitable O2 data network connection, which will be tested by the British Gas electrician. This is to enable the charging point to meet criteria stipulated by the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV). If this is not possible you will be offered a non-data-enabled charging point and advised of any cost involved as these are not covered by the government’s subsidised funding scheme.
- Permission from the homeowner or landlord if you don't own the property.
- If the charging point is to be located in a garage, the garage must be physically attached to the main building unless it has its own power supply with sufficient capacity to support your 16A or 30A rated charger.
For further details about this please visit help & advice.
Offer valid for applications received, and installations completed by 31st August 2014.
Alternative charging options
You can choose to upgrade your wall-box, sbuject to your vehicle's capability.
Subsidised British Gas electric vehicle charging point options:
- 16A data-enabled tethered wall-box (base) £115
- 30A data-enabled tethered wall-box upgrade base + £99
- 16A data-enabled non tethered wall-box base + £50
- 30A data-enabled non tethered wall-box base + £125
To find out more about the above alternative options please call us on 0800 077 4214 
You may also be interested in
 This offer is subject to availability and any proposed offer end date will be published in advance. To find out what's included in this offer, refer to the frequently asked questions section. This offer is only valid in mainland UK and excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. See our full Terms & conditions.
 Charging times assume the battery is charged constantly at the max rate with 100% efficient charging. Calculations based on using a 16 Amp charging unit compared to a10 Amp 3 pin plug socket. Actual charging times depend on a vehicle’s charging cycle, the size of the electric vehicle battery and the charging current (amps) of the charging point.
 Chargemaster products, including all components and accessories shall be fully guaranteed against all defects arising from faults in design, manufacture and workmanship for a period of 36 months from delivery of charging points/s. Anything else is excluded. Applies to mainland UK only.
 British Gas guarantees all parts and labour for 36 months from the date of any repair/fitting. Any guarantees do not affect your legal rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get advice about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
 Phone lines are open 8am – 5pm Mon to Fri. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored for quality assurance and compliance purposes.