Terms & conditions – OLEV Subsidised British Gas Home Charge Point Installation Services for residential customers
Please read this document carefully as it sets out the terms and conditions of our Installation service.
In these terms and conditions the following expressions will have the following meanings.
Agreement means these terms and conditions for the installation of your HCP.
Cooling-off period means that you are given the right to cancel 14 days from the date of agreeing to the Installation or any extra services or any shorter period you may agree to.
Extra services means other services as set out at 4 below that do not form part of these Installation service and which are defined by separate quotation which the electrician will give you on the day.
Domestic Chargepoint Grant means the grant provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) specifically for installing eligible HCP equipment at a private home.
HCP means the home charge point to use with a plug-in electric vehicle.
Installation service means the installation of your HCP provided by us in accordance with the terms of this agreement. This does not include any Extra services for which separate fees apply.
Survey means the electrician’s assessment of the proposed site for the HCP plus any extra services you require.
Registration form means the application form you must fill in online before we provide the Installation service.
Quotation means your British Gas business charge point quotation and agreement to the price of the service and any fees for the extra services you will have to pay. You will need to sign this to receive the extras services.
We, us and our means British Gas Services (Commercial) Limited (Trading as British Gas Business) a Company registered in England under number 07385984, whose registered office is Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 5GD.
You and your means the person receiving the services under this agreement.
2. Terms and conditions
- Once you have filled in this registration form, we will contact you to arrange a time and date when we will come to your property. If your property is suitable we will carry out the necessary services.
- It is important that you are present at your home when our electrician arrives to carry out the services. Our electrician will carry out a survey of the proposed installation site and if necessary give you a copy of a quotation for extras for your approval. If you approve it, you will be asked to sign the section in the quotation showing that you agree to us carrying out the extras services. You will have to complete and sign a Domestic Recharging Scheme Installation Form in the format required by OLEV when the Installation service has been completed. You agree that OLEV may contact you directly using information supplied on this form for the purposes of random checks.
- When we have installed the HCP, we will transfer ownership to you.
- By agreeing to the Installation service, you agree to use the HCP only for charging a plug-in electric vehicle at your home and for no other purpose. You also agree to keep the HCP in a serviceable order for at least three years so the Office for Low Emission Vehicles ("OLEV") can collect information on it. They, or their agents, may contact you in the future to carry out random checks. By agreeing to the Installation service, you agree we can claim the Domestic Chargepoint Grant on your behalf.
- You acknowledge that the Quotation is dependent upon and subject to the availability of subsidised funds from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles. If the funding ceases to be available or is discontinued prior to us carrying out your installation this agreement shall terminate or, at your option, you may choose to pay an additional payment in lieu of the funding to proceed with your installation. In this situation, we will notify you of the applicable additional payment should you request. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the agreement should OLEV change or request different grant funding eligbility criteria from 1st September 2014.
- We accept full legal responsibility if we act fraudulently or if we or our agents kill or injure somebody (or cause somebody to be killed or injured) because we or they have been negligent. However for any loss or damage you suffer as a result, we will not pay more than £1million for each event that causes you loss. Or, if there are a number of connected events that cause you loss, we will not pay more than £1million in total for these events. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for:
6.1 any financial loss or damage, for example, loss of profit, income, business, contract or goodwill; or
6.2 any loss which, when we made this contract with you, we would not reasonably have been expected to happen even if we, our employees, subcontractors or agents did not follow these terms and conditions.
- If you are not the legal owner of your home, you must have the owner's permission before we carry out the Installation service. Getting the owner's permission is your responsibility and we cannot accept any legal responsibility if you fail to do so.
- We will carry out the Installation service using reasonable skill and care to a quality which meets generally accepted industry standards and practice. We guarantee the work we do for up to 3 years from the date the services were carried out.
- Quotations are based on you providing electricity and water (free of charge) so we can carry out the work. We will also assume that you will give us access to the inside of the property.
- If we recommend building or other work before the installation of your HCP, it is your responsibility to have that completed before the installation is due to be carried out. We will not be responsible for any delay in starting the installation as a result of this work.
- The quotation price does not include the cost of removal of any dangerous waste material, such as asbestos, which we were unaware of when at the time of our quotation and which we only became aware of when we were doing the work. Removal of dangerous waste will be an extra cost. When you have asbestos removed yourself, a clean air certificate must be provided before we will do any further work at your property.
- The time estimate provided for doing the work is our best estimate and we will make every reasonable effort to complete the work on time. However, we cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond our control. In these situations, we will change the time estimate we originally gave you.
- We may need access inside your home to carry out the work. Please let us know if this will be a problem. We may not be able to do the work if access is not possible.
- You agree that you are a private individual (not a business) and that you will not be claiming the VAT back from HMRC.
- You give permission for the Office for Low Emission Vehicles and other central government departments to use your information to help them develop future policies.
- You give permission for the electrician to take a photograph of the HCP serial number and of the installed HCP on your property.
- To qualify for this offer your application must be received by us by 31st August 2014 in time for the HCP to be installed by 15 October 2014. We may revise these dates should it be necessary to do so following publication of any further information by OLEV in connection with the offer.
- You will need to have proof of ownership of a plug-in electric vehicle or show that you have access to an electric vehicle prior to installation.
3. Type of OLEV Subsidised British Gas electric vehicle charging point offers available to you
16A data-enabled tethered wall-box at the cost of £115.
- 30A data-enabled tethered wall-box for an additional cost of £99.
- 16A data-enabled non tethered wall-box for an additional cost of £50.
- 30A data-enabled non tethered wall-box for an additional cost of £125.
All prices include VAT.
4. Extra services
- The electrician will make you aware of any extra services needed to carry out the standard service.
These may include fitting, for example:
a. an isolation switch and associated fitting;
b. alternative earthing options;
c. a new consumer unit;
d. a cable running from the fuse box if over 10 metres; and
e. any further electrical work needed to bring any required electrics up to the necessary standard.
This is not a full list.
- If you decide to have extra services the electrician will give you a separate quotation on the day.
- We may charge for any extra services and this will be shown on your quotation.
5. Cancellation and cooling-off period
- Installation Service
a. You can cancel this agreement during your cooling-off period by calling us on 0800 980 8175.
b. If our electrician is providing the Installation service, you can cancel them within 14 days from the date you agree to them or any shorter period you may agree to.
c. Where practically possible, our electrician will complete the Installation service within the 14 day cooling-off period. If this occurs you must give your consent for the Installation services to be completed within the contract cooling-off period. You can do this by signing the relevant section at the end of these terms.
- Extra services
a.If our electrician is providing a quote for extra services that are to be completed at a later date you can cancel them within 14 days from the date you agree to them or any shorter period you may agree to.
b. In most cases and where practically possible, our electrician will complete the extra services within the 14 day cooling-off period. If this occurs you must give your consent for the extra services to be completed within the contract cooling-off period. You can do this by signing the relevant section on the quote that is given to you by the electrician.
6. If you have a problem with the Installation or Extra services
- If there is a problem with the Installation services or your HCP within 3 years of us installing it, you can phone us on 0800 980 8175.
- We guarantee the product and parts and labour for 3 years from the date of any repair or fitting. Any guarantees do not affect your legal rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get advice about your rights from a Citizens Advice bureau or Trading Standards department.
- You will receive the benefit of any manufacturer's warranty available for the goods. If the goods are faulty after three years, you will need to contact the manufacturer direct.
We will take payment from you by credit or debit card over the phone at the point of application. If your installation does not go ahead for any reason we will redund you any amount that you have paid as soon as reasonably practicable unless any works have been carried out prior to a request by you not to proceed. If you require any Extra services or upgrades we will make you aware of these costs before carrying out the Extra services and we will invoice you for payment after the completion of the Extra services. You shall pay any amounts due on or after forty-two (42) days of receipt of the invoice including any VAT.
8. Using personal information
- We, our agents or OLEV may use information you provide or we hold about you (whether or not under our contract or contracts with you) to:
a. identify you when you contact us;
b. help identify accounts, services and products which we could provide (we may do this using an automatic scoring system, which uses the information you have provided, any information we hold about you and information from other agencies, including credit-reference agencies);
c. help deal with, and contact you about the improved running of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future (we may contact you by email or text message if you have given us these contact details);
d. create statistical and testing information and carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including using information about what you buy from us and how you pay for it, for example usage rates and any discounts we have offered you – these are examples only and it is not a complete list);
e. carry out random checks
f. to develop future policies
g. help to prevent and detect fraud or loss; and
h. contact you in any way (including by post, email, phone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services we and certain partners may offer.
- We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you:
a. to provide services you have asked for;
b. as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
c. to help prevent and detect debt, fraud or loss (if you have failed to pay us, we may transfer your debt to another organisation and give them details about you and that debt);
d. if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes;
e. as part of current or future legal proceedings; or
f. if you hold an insurance policy with us, pass information to an insurer to manage your insurance policy including underwriting and claims, to help develop new services, deal with reinsurers and assess financial and insurance risk.
g. These other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. We may also allow your information to be used by other Centrica Group companies (including those using the British Gas, Scottish Gas, and Dyno Group brands) for them to carry out any of the above purposes. We may pass them details of your address, property and postcode, and details of your gas appliances, flue, hot-water cylinder, system controls and electrical installations (including details of any repairs or removals). These organisations may pass this information to local authorities to meet building regulations.
h. We may use your information for training purposes. We may also monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and to make sure that we are meeting our legal and regulatory requirements.
9. Rights of other people
Nobody other than you will be able to benefit from this agreement.
10. The full agreement
The quotation together with these terms and conditions set out on the full agreement between you and us.
11. Enforcing individual conditions
If a judge decides that any condition of this agreement is wrong or cannot be enforced, we will remove it from the terms and conditions but the rest of the terms and conditions will still apply.
12. Governing law
These terms and conditions will be governed by the law of England and Wales. Any disputes will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales. If you live in Scotland, these terms and conditions will be governed by the law of Scotland, and any disputes will be dealt with by the Courts of Scotland.
Please read this document carefully as it sets out our terms and conditions under this agreement.