External wall insulation
Save up to £460 a year on your fuel bills
British Gas are working in partnership with local authorities and housing associations to provide external wall insulation in certain geographic areas.
External wall insulation is a layer of insulation fixed to the outside walls of your home and covered with a special render. Houses built before 1920s usually have solid walls which tend to let more heat escape than cavity walls.
External wall insulation helps reduce the heat travelling through your home's walls helping you reduce your fuel bills and, helping to make your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer - the new weatherproof coating can help enhance the look of your home.
How much could I save every year?
|Annual CO2 saving||1,900kg||1,100kg||700kg||800kg||600kg|
(Source, Energy Saving Trust)
- Reduces the amount of heat escaping through your walls.
- It renews the appearance of outer walls and improves weatherproofing.
- Your home will heat up quicker and stay warmer for longer.
- The finish is durable and breathable, so you won’t need to worry about damp.
External wall insulation requires a little preparation but at British Gas we will take care of everything, we’ll handle delivery of the scaffolding, materials and skip, as well as arrange for their removal.
Here’s how your External Wall Insulation will be installed
- We’ll prepare your home for installation which will involve the removal of relevant external fixtures.
- Your insulation will be installed.
- Once your insulation, base coat and render have been applied, we’ll finish with the colour and texture of your choice. Then we’ll reinstall all your home’s external fixtures.
- Finally we’ll remove the scaffolding and installation debris and leave your home feeling warmer and looking good.
You may also be interested in
 Savings figure source energysavingtrust.org.uk/Insulation/Solid-wall-insulation, February 2014. Actual savings depend on individual circumstances.
 Phone lines are open 8am–6pm Monday to Friday and 8am–4pm on Saturday. Closed on Bank Holidays. Calls are free from a BT landline, however charges from mobile phones and other networks may vary. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for quality assurance and compliance purposes.
Make your home warmer
Call us on
0800 107 0041