Carbon Monoxide alarm
Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that is very difficult to detect as you cannot see, smell or taste it. You may not be aware of its presence until it's too late.
Price: £29.99 (inc. VAT)
To order call 0800 077 4472
- No need for wiring.
- Sealed and tamper free batteries.
- 7 year battery life and guarantee.
- Compact and easy to install.
- No maintenance.
- Continuous self testing functionality.
- Approved to strict European standards and also British Kite marked.
Alternatively, if you are a HomeCare® customer and would like one of our engineers to install your Carbon Monoxide Alarm, talk to your engineer during your Annual Service visit.
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) is known as the silent killer, around 30 people die each year from CO poisoning.
- CO poisoning can lead to lasting neurological damage.
- CO is absorbed by the blood 240 times more easily than oxygen and starves the body of oxygen.
- Children are at greater risk, the smaller the victim the more quickly the body can be overcome by the effects of CO.
- Almost 50% of people don't know what the warning signs of CO poisoning are.
- Carbon monoxide can seep into your property via shared flues and chimneys.
- Only 32% of retired people have their gas appliances checked regularly by a professional.
Sources: Gas Safe and COCAA