Gas & electricity
(Monthly Direct Debit £99)
- Fixed price energy until 31st March 2016 to help you stay in control of what you're spending.
- Includes £50 High Street Gift Card redeemable at over 130 high street stores including Argos and Homebase.
- If market prices rise, yours will stay the same.
- Exit fees of £30 per fuel.
Gas & electricity
(Monthly Direct Debit £102)
- Fixed prices and peace of mind during the winters until 31st January 2017.
- Know exactly how much you will be paying, allowing you to budget and plan to avoid any increasing energy costs.
- Available for Pay As You Go Energy™ customers.
- Exit fees of £50 per fuel.
Here are some of the benefits to being a British Gas customer:
£15 Dual Fuel discount
If you choose a British Gas Dual Fuel tariff you will receive a £15 discount per year off your energy bill.
Online account management
You can use your online account to view your energy bills, submit a meter read and book an engineer's visit.
Award winning service
British Gas was named the winner of the 'Best Utility Supplier' in the 2013 IMRG eCommerce awards for excellence.
Free smartphone App
Submit your meter readings, book an engineer visit and track the status of your appointment.
* Free Saturdays or Sundays September 2015 prices are fixed until 30th September 2015. The electricity tariff is based on a daily standing charge and a unit rate. The unit rate will be zero between 9am-5pm on either Saturday or Sunday and our Standard unit rates as of 1st September 2014 at all other times. The standing charge applies at all times. The gas tariff is our Standard variable tariff, based on a daily standing charge and single unit rate. You can find more details on our prices from our website britishgas.co.uk/tariffrates or in your contract pack.
 The £50 High Street Gift Card received will be a Compliments Card which cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. One gift card received for the value of £50 for signing up to both gas and electricity on this tariff.
 The average annual cost is an estimate of the costs you might incur on this tariff. Based on average consumption of 13,500 kWh for gas and 3,200 kWh for single rate electricity, averaged across all regions, paying by Monthly Direct Debit, rounded and including VAT. Values and prices will vary based on actual consumption. Prices shown are as at 1st September 2014. If you move from Direct Debit to pay by Cash or Cheque you will lose your Direct Debit discount and your unit rate will increase. You can see the difference between Direct Debit and Cash/Cheque rates here. We will give you seven working days notice before changing your payment method.
 Where you have both gas and electricity with us at the same property, you'll receive one Dual Fuel discount of £15 per year (including VAT). The discount will be continuously applied to your bill throughout your billing period if you use a credit meter or applied to your meter at least once a year if you use a prepayment meter. If you cancel this agreement (for example by switching to another energy supplier), you will receive a Dual Fuel discount for the number of days you have been with us during that one year period.
Energy online account reviews
Read why people use our customer ratings when deciding on our products and services by reading our reviews.