The Tariff Comparison Rate is a simple 'at a glance' tool that lets you easily compare tariffs across the energy industry, based on your postcode.
Tariffs made easier
So we can give you the most accurate rates, please let us know your:
- Postcode - This will give you the unit rates and standing charge for where you live.
- Payment method - How you choose to pay will help determine your unit rate.
Personalise my rates
By changing your details, you may see a difference in your rates.
Information about this tariff
- On our Standard tariff you're not tied in and have no cancellation fees.
- Award winning customer-friendly online services that include being able to change Direct Debit payments, being able to compare your energy usage with others in your local area and being able to submit meter readings online.
- Available for Pay As You Go Energy™ customers.
- Prices may increase or decrease at any time. We will give you 30 days advance notice before we increase your prices.
Energy online account reviews
We have invited customers to rate and review managing their energy accounts online with us.
Your tariff information
Here are some of the benefits to being a British Gas customer:
Award winning service
British Gas was named the winner of the 'Best Utility Supplier' in the 2013 IMRG eCommerce awards for excellence, the UK's industry association for online retail.
Free smartphone App
It's simple to submit your meter readings, view your balance, track your energy usage, book an engineer visit and track the status of your appointment.
Direct Debit Dashboard
You can check the status of your plan, request a refund if you're in credit and change your payments.
Save with EnergySmart™
Add EnergySmart™ and save up to £120 with accurate monthly billing.
 Where you have both gas and electricity with us at the same property, you'll receive one Dual Fuel discount of £15 per year (including VAT). The discount will be continuously applied to your bill throughout your billing period if you use a credit meter or applied to your meter at least once a year if you use a prepayment meter. If you cancel this agreement (for example by switching to another energy supplier), you will receive a Dual Fuel discount for the number of days you have been with us during that one year period.
 Savings of up to £120 can be achieved by reducing consumption by 12% by using the EnergySmart™ online consumption hub, based on average annual consumption of 13,500 kWh for gas and 3,200 kWh for single rate electricity, paying by Monthly Direct Debit on our Standard tariff prices as at 30th September 2014, rounded average across all regions including VAT. Actual energy savings will vary depending on individual circumstances.