Electrical home improvements
When did you last have an inspection of the electrical wiring and fittings in your home? Wiring regulations which document electrical safety practices were updated in 2008. Whilst adherence to these regulations is not mandatory, you may wish to consider some of the regulation changes which are in place in order to protect you. So whether you need a fuse board upgrade or an entire circuit or house rewired, you can trust our expert electricians to do it for you.
For more information or to book an electrician,
call us on 0800 072 0819
What we can do
- Replacing fuse boards.
- Installation of new power sockets and lighting circuits.
- Partial or full property rewires.
- Fitting of a Fused Spur.
- Installation of a Smoke Detector.
- Fitting of socket outlets with RCD protection.
What we don't do
- Commercial / Industrial work.
- Electrical gates / garage doors.
- Emergency lighting.
- Swimming pools.
- Any work within underground cables.
Regulation change upgrades that you may wish to consider
All 13amp socket outlets are recommended to have RCD protection (30ma rated)
RCD's are 'trips' within your socket outlets which switch off the power supply in the event of an earth fault. As sockets supply handheld equipment, as well as metal cased appliances (washing machines, cookers etc), these are a highly recommended and useful safety provision.
All sockets provided for use outdoors and open to the elements should be of a weatherproof construction
This is to prevent rain and other debris getting inside of the socket as water and electricity can be a lethal combination.
All circuits that incorporate cables that are ‘buried’ in plasterwork (if at a depth of 50mm or less) must be protected by a 30ma RCD
This is to provide protection should the hidden cables be damaged by a screw, nail or a pin etc.
A protective bonding conductor is required to connect your metallic services (incoming gas and water pipes etc) to your electrical earth
This is a measure to reduce the risk of electric shock from gas or water installations within your property.
Why British Gas?
- 12 month guarantee on all work.
- Fixed price quote includes parts and labour.
- All our electrical engineers are fully trained to a high standard.
- All our work is fully compliant with latest building regulations.
- We have over 13 years electrical experience and attend to over 200,000 electrical repair & installation jobs per year.*
For more information or to book an electrician, call us on 0800 072 0819
*Based on 218,000 jobs attended to in 2012.
You may also be interested in
Book an electrician
For more information or to book an appointment
Call us on 0800 072 0819
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm