Landlord Essentials

Why landlords choose British Gas

  • We'll speak to your tenant.
  • We're always ready to take your call.[2]
  • We have engineers local to you.

This package includes:

Gas Safety Check

Landlord Gas Safety Check and Certificate



Call us now

0800 009 4633 [2]

A package that provides you with our expert safety advice and Landlord Gas Safety Check and Certificate so you can rent out your property. Our Gas Safe Registered engineer will assess your appliance to help ensure you remain compliant with current legislation, plus you benefit from online access to your Gas Safety Certificate and receive annual reminders.

Key inclusions:

  • We offer a choice of convenient appointment slots.         
  • Annual reminder sent via post or email, so you know when your next inspection is due.
  • We’re on hand with our 24 hour customer helpline.
  • You don't need to have any other product holding with British Gas or one of our boilers to benefit.
  • Gas Safety Certificate, emailed to you usually within 48 hours after successful completion of the job.

Key exclusions:

  • The cost of any repairs that we find are necessary during the inspection.
  • The cost of any re-inspections to appliances that fail our inspection.


Other products you may be interested in

Meeting your gas safety requirements and providing central heating and boiler cover.

Our hassle free package covers all your key household systems providing you with peace of mind.

Why landlords choose British Gas

We'll speak to your tenants

If your tenants need something fixed or inspected, they can arrange a visit directly with us.

We'll aim to get there the same day

For breakdown visits, if you have no heat or hot water and call us before 10am.[3]

We're always on call

If you have a problem, you can speak with someone any time, day or night.[2]

We'll fix or replace it

If your boiler is less than 7 years old and we can't fix it, we'll replace it.

91% reevoo
Recommend British Gas Home Services

We're happy to let our customers do the talking.*

[1] Price available to new customers and to existing customers adding to their product holding for the first year (paying by Direct Debit) and applies to most households outside of the M25. Prices for households within the M25 will vary. Your breakdown history will be taken into account in determining next year's pricing. Price subject to change. Terms and conditions apply.

[2] Our sales team's phone lines are open weekdays 8am-8pm and Saturdays 8am-6pm. We operate an out of hours answer phone service for breakdowns and enquiries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls may be monitored, recorded and used for training purposes.

[3] Between December 2013 and February 2014 we got to an average of 95% of HomeCare® customers who had no heating or no hot water on the same day, when they called us before 10am.

* Based on 8,556 responses between 09/12/2014 & 09/06/2015.

British Gas Home Services reviews verified by Reevoo

14,825 reviews

Reviews from: Sort by:
(8.6 out of 10)
Ease of booking
Engineer satisfaction
Value for money
Overall rating
Scores 8.6 out of 10 based on 14825 reviews
Show more score details
(5 out of 10)


Walsall Homeowner
I contacted British Gas on line to report a fault with our central heating. I booked a time slot and no one turned up so I lost a days annual leave for nothing.
I have since booked to change to smart meter again on line. Booked 2 weeks in advance and rang them the day before to confirm.
Twenty minutes on the phone to be told no knowledge of my appointment. Too late to cancel another lost annual leave day. I have been with BG for over 30 years but now looking at alternatives.
What has happened to you British Gas?
16 of 19 people found this review helpful
Published on: 24 September 2015
(2 out of 10)

Confirmed purchaser

middlesex Homeowner
Engineer visit booked in advance, engineer called arrived at residence and was informed by family member engineer arrived didnt carry out any checks etc bearing in mind I had explained that recently on visit problem with boiler. He seemed to feel without any checks that this was a service which was required by a plumber. And left. What a waste of time and permit which I applied for.
7 of 8 people found this review helpful
Published on: 23 September 2015

Hi, let me get this looked into and find out exactly what happened. If you could please email your details to and include the reference 300019148995 in the subject line I'll make sure this is picked up for you. Thanks, Danny

(4 out of 10)


Visit one (Friday PM): annual service booked and and when enginneer arrived we mentioned that very recently we had trouble getting hot water from downstairs in the kitchen and in the shower without running the bathroom sink tap which seemed to 'ignite' the boiler. The first engineer confidently stated there was absolutely nothing wrong with our boiler and tried to tell us it was our kitchen tap that was causing the 'no hot water' problem and should be replaced. When we reminded him the shower, directly plumbed in, also had the same problem he back tracked a little. He then told me my Baxi combi stored hot water in a large container (right....NOT) and accussed me of calling him a liar when I told him what a previous engineer had told me about it! He then decided he would order a new diaphragm and heat senor, another visit arranged, the earliest of which I could make was mid-week. He left leaving us with no hot water.
Visit two (Wednesday PM): above parts replaced, hot water still not hot but at least tepid from most taps now.
Following Friday now no hot water again - call-out placed and another engineer visit scheduled for next morning.
Visit three (Saturday AM) : This time seemed lucky enough to get someone who actually appeared to know what they were doing. He found a leak caused by over-tightening previously and ordered other parts. Having to re-arrange more time to enable working from home, visit scheduled for later in the week.
Visit Four (Wednesday PM): One final visit later, damage repaired, parts replaced and we again have hot water.

Not impressed.
11 of 13 people found this review helpful
Published on: 23 September 2015
(3 out of 10)


Oldbury Homeowner
I had a gas fire with back boiler in the lounge. A 95p microswitch inside the gas valve went open circuit. "Can't be fixed, no longer manufactured; have to condemn the whole thing".
A salesman came. "Can't do a straight replacement. You'll have to have a separate boiler on an outside wall." Agreed boiler position and pipe runs.
Craftsman and half-wit assistant arrived. "Can't do it like that. Salesman is an idiot."
Agreed revised plan. Half-wit started the job by breaking off all the radiator valve caps with pliers then found I'd opted for the extended guarantee instead of the replacement thermostatic valves. They're still not replaced. Half-wit fitted pipe clips to the garage ceiling with dome headed screws, so the clips won't close properly. Half-wit didn't bother tightening up a coupling in the airing cupboard, causing a minor flood when the system was refilled. Half-wit left a pile of debris in the kitchen, despite the craftsman asking him to clear it up at least three times to my knowledge. Throughout the job, nothing was straightforward, and the craftsman worked like a Trojan to complete the job on time, but he was doing the work of one and a half men. Half-wit spent an awful lot of time mooning over his phone. He was in luurrve. At the end of the job, several plastic bags of rubbish were left behind to be picked up the next day by a driver. A fortnight later I took them to the tip myself. Now I have to find someone to fit a new gas fire because you tell me you don't do that sort of work..
10 of 12 people found this review helpful
Published on: 22 September 2015

Hi John, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about the whole experience you had throughout your installation. If you'd like me to get our Customer Relations Team to look into this for you please email and include the reference number - 300013047077 - in the subject line. Thanks, Danny

(3 out of 10)


edinburgh Homeowner
Not satisfied with the price quoted for maintenance contract. Telephoned customer service several times to obtain a more realistic price without success. I asked to speak to someone in charge but I have not been contacted. Very dissatisfied with the customer care provided.
7 of 9 people found this review helpful
Published on: 22 September 2015

Hi John, I'd be more than happy to get our Customer Relations Team to contact you and take a look at this. Please email your details to and include the ref - 300043973522 - in the subject line and I'll make sure it's picked up for you. Thanks, Danny