How it works
Your Safe & Secure system will immediately alert you if movement is detected or an alarm is triggered in your home while you're away. It will do this by email or text or both, depending on how you've set it up. It means you've got time to act whether it's by calling the police or telling a neighbour. You can also have family and neighbours receive alerts, and customise which alerts they receive for which incidents.
With Safe & Secure from British Gas, you can do more to deter potential intruders. If you have SmartPlugs installed, you can use your dashboard to remotely turn on lights or radios to make it look like you're home.
Step by step
- Safe & Secure devices in your home are wirelessly connected to a central hub.
- The hub is connected to the internet, so you can see real-time information about your home, and set up alarms and alerts, on your dashboard-either online on your computer or on an app on your iPhone.
- Simply click your key fob to tell the system that no one's at home and to set the system.
- If you have SmartPlugs, you can use your dashboard to turn lights and appliances on (to act as a deterrent for potential intruders) and off (to save energy when not needed).
- If motion is detected or a sensor is triggered, an alarm will sound and alerts will be sent to your email and mobile phone. You can set the system so that family and neighbours get alerts too.
- If your family have their own key fobs, you can see on your dashboard who is at home.
To find out more or buy today call us free on 0800 980 8593
You may also be interested in
Call us on 0800 980 8593
8am - 8pm Mon to Fri, 10am - 2pm Sat