You could save and earn money by generating your own electricity
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) panels allow you to generate your own electricity using energy from the sun. They don't need direct sunlight only daylight, so they also work on cloudy days.
By generating your own electricity you could save on your energy bills. Plus with the Government’s Feed-in Tariff, you could be paid for every kilowatt hour (kWh) you generate. The rate you will receive depends on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating your home achieves. In addition to this any electricity you don't use, will earn you extra income by feeding energy into the Grid. We will shortly be updating this website with customer case studies. For more information on the feed-in Tariff please click here.
- Help save on your energy bills by not having to buy all your electricity from your supplier.
- Earn money by generating your own electricity through the Government’s Feed-in Tariff.
- Hassle free installation and we handle your Feed-in Tariff registration.
- 25-year manufacturer’s panel performance warranty.
- See your energy production and C02 saved with an in home display.
- Five year PV system warranty including Home Electrical Care™- only available from British Gas, which includes:
- Home electrical repairs to wiring, fuse boxes and more.
- 24-hour, 365 days a year customer helpline.
- All parts and labour.
How solar PV works
Your solar PV system will consist of solar panels, an inverter and a generation meter. When light hits the silicon cells in your solar panels, electrical energy is created. This electricity then flows through a cable and is collected at a central point (usually located in your loft).
Here the electricity is converted from DC to AC current and is carried on into your household electricity system. The electricity you generate works using your existing circuitry to help power household appliances and lighting.
How much does it cost
Our Energy Expert will recommend a system tailored to your specific needs. Prices start at approximately to £4,749 (inc. VAT). The cost will vary according to the panel size, the type of PV cells and the surface they're mounted on.