Get paid for producing your own electricity
Feed-in Tariffs are a Government scheme to encourage people to generate their own low carbon energy. On top of what you save by generating your own electricity, instead of paying for it from your supplier, you’ll also get paid for the electricity you generate.
The Feed-in Tariff’s received will be based on the date your installation is registered.
For more information on the rate your installation qualifies for and for expected future rates please sees the Energy Savings Trust fact sheet. For all other Feed-in Tariffs see our Tariffs at a glance page.
How does the Feed-in Tariff work
You could be paid for every kilowatt hour (kWh) of electricity you generate from a renewable source - even if you use it.
Plus you'll also get paid extra for the electricity you don't use as it'll be fed into the Grid.
And remember, any payments are in addition to the savings you'll make by not having to buy all your electricity from your supplier.
How much could I earn
Our Energy Expert will carry out a full assessment when they visit your property to carry out a no obligation survey. For more information about what you could earn please see https://www.gov.uk/feed-in-tariffs/overview.
How to apply for the Feed-in Tariff
- Copy of your MCS Certificate/Number.
- Copy of your Final Paid Invoice (or proof of payment and ownership of the installation).
- Copy of your Energy Performance Certificate† (EPC) (for Solar PV installations) or non-relevant building letter if EPC Certificate cannot be issued.
- A signed and dated multi site and energy efficiency Solar PV Declarations (new installations and extensions) Form.
What to do if you are not a British Gas customer
For British Gas to supply your Feed in Tariff:
- British Gas must have installed your generation equipment.
- You must have an existing British Gas Energy supply or Services Product.
- Your current energy supplier is not a FIT Licensed Supplier.
If you are unable to email us, you can post your form to our Feed-In Tariff team at the address below:
British Gas (Applications)
Feed-in Tariff Team
To find out more call us on 0800 072 8283
You may also be interested in
Find out more
call us on 0800 072 8283
Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-2pm