- Former GBBO quarter-finalist Martha Collison shares her quick and easy ‘ad bake’ recipes – that take only four minutes to prepare
- Saving energy (and money) while whipping up a mouth-watering, energy efficient treat is made a lot easier with smart meters and a smart energy monitor
- Get baking with Martha’s five simple oven-free recipes
Love Bake Off… but wish there were fewer ad breaks? Well, we have just the ‘icing on the cake’ to make your next ad break something to look forward to. We partnered up with former Bake Off quarter-finalist Martha Collison to create a selection of easy and energy-savvy four-minute ‘ad bakes’ to inspire all you budding bakers out there to get your crumble on.
“Watching food shows on TV always makes me hungry,” admits Martha, “so I love having a few quick and easy recipes up my sleeve to satisfy any cravings!” From peanut butter truffles, lemon and pistachio cheesecake pots, toffee apple mug crumbles, to coconut and lime teacup puddings and microwave brownies, Martha’s got a recipe for every kind of sweet tooth.
And thanks to her smart energy monitor, which helps a busy baker like Martha track her everyday energy use, these recipes are especially energy-efficient. By utilising smarter baking methods – like using the microwave rather than the oven, employing a bit of elbow grease instead of the food processor, and filling the kettle with just the water you need – Martha has created delectable delights that not only save you time and energy, but are super fun to prepare too. The only thing you need to worry about is because they’re so quick and easy to prepare, your treats might be gone before the end of the show.
So, rather than putting the kettle on during your next GBBO ad break, why not follow Martha’s lead and whip up your own tasty ‘ad bake’? Which of these five scrumptious, energy-efficient treats will you choose?
- British Gas has installed more than 4 million smart meters in Britain’s homes and around 500,000 in businesses
- Find more of Martha’s delicious recipes in her latest book CRAVE, published by HarperCollins
- To learn more about energy efficiency in the kitchen, check out some tips here
- To find out more about British Gas smart meters and to arrange a free installation, visit www.britishgas.co.uk/smart