Turn your TV break into a tasty ‘ad bake’ with this quick and easy, energy efficient recipe from Martha Collison. And why not let us know how you got on in the comments? For more of Martha's Ad bake recipes, click here
Energy saving top tip: Melt the butter in the microwave instead of on the hob for half the energy use. For even more energy saving, crush the biscuits and pistachios by hand using a rolling pin rather than the food processor – you’ll even burn a few calories too.
Ingredients for the base:
· 4 digestive biscuits
· 40g pistachio nuts + extra to decorate
· 25g butter
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
· 200g full-fat cream cheese
· ½ lemon, juice and zest
· 2 tbsp icing sugar
· 2 tbsp lemon curd
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for around 10 seconds.
2. Crush the biscuits in a sealed bag until they are finely ground, then add the pistachios and roughly crush.
3. Add the butter and stir through the crushed biscuits, then divide the mixture into two small glasses, pressing it down to create an even layer.
4. Beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and icing sugar together in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
5. Stir through half the lemon zest, saving the rest for decoration.
6. Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture and then lemon curd alternately on top of the biscuit base, finishing with a spoonful of cheesecake.
7. Top with the remaining lemon zest and a few chopped pistachio nuts – and enjoy.