Turn your TV break into a tasty ‘ad bake’ with this quick and easy, energy efficient recipe from Martha Collison. And why not let us know how you got on in the comments? For more of Martha's Ad bake recipes, click here
Energy saving top tip: Make sure to only use the microwave for a short time to keep your brownie nice and gooey – you’ll save energy and avoid over-baking.
· 50g butter
· 1 egg
· 2 tbsp light brown sugar
· 3 tbsp caster sugar
· 2 tbsp cocoa powder
· 2 tbsp plain flour
· 1 tbsp chocolate chips
· Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, to decorate
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter and both types of sugar.
2. Microwave for one minute, stirring halfway through – the sugar and butter will start to melt together.
3. Leave the sugar to cool for a minute, then beat in the cocoa powder followed by the egg.
4. Fold in the flour gently – you want to avoid developing too much gluten, which would make it rise too much and take on a tougher texture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Divide the mixture between two ramekins – you can refrigerate this and microwave later for an indulgent midnight snack.
6. Microwave for a further 30-45 seconds – it will rise and fall a little while cooking and it should still be slightly gooey when done.
7. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and then get stuck in.