Bank holiday weekends are the perfect opportunity for you to get that long list of home improvement jobs done. The problem? The sun is shining and you want to be outside enjoying the spring weather.
But don’t worry. With our quick-fix home hacks you can create some DIY magic and still spend time with mother nature. Here are seven simple jobs that can add up to a clutter free, smoother running home.
1. Old doorknobs make handy hangers
Who says functional can't be charming? These old doorknobs offer a new twist on bathroom storage.
2. Display your bracelets on a paper towel holder to keep them organised
This is a simple, highly effective way to avoid that morning scramble for a bangle.
3. Old drawers make great shelves
Solid, dependable and funky – drawer shelves are the perfect way to bring order to chaos.
4. Turn a wine rack into a towel holder
This innovative storage twist is simple and stylish. Note that it doesn’t work the other way around though – fine wine should never be stored in a warm airing cupboard.
5. A CD tower turned on its side makes a great bathroom organiser
Once home to your CD library, now home to your bathroom bits and bobs, this converted CD tower is a smart way to use something otherwise headed down the road marked ‘car boot sale’.
6. Put a magnetic strip under your cabinets to store spices
This unusual storage solution frees up valuable space on your kitchen tops. It looks great, too.
7. Use Velcro as stuffed animal storage
Get kids to enjoy tidying away their stuffed toys by turning them into an art installation (of sorts). Velcro strips on the walls means teddy and the gang will never gather dust under the bed again.