More than 3 million businesses use LinkedIn and you should, too
Social media is big news for small businesses. Enabling you to engage with your target audience, social media sites provide valuable networking opportunities. LinkedIn is a professional social media site that helps you connect with clients, join discussion groups and develop your business marketing strategy.
Generate customer leads
With more than 10 million people in the UK using LinkedIn – 80% of UK professionals – the website is a valuable source for new business leads. You can reach out to new and existing clients on LinkedIn, engage with them and offer information about your business.
Once connected to a client, anything you post on LinkedIn will be visible on their news feed.
Why should you use LinkedIn?
You can track and monitor competitors by finding out what discussions they’re having and who they’re connecting with. Stay one step ahead of the competition by seeing the new products and services they’re launching.
Share links, brochures, videos and more with your connections to generate interest and keep your audience engaged.
5 simple steps for getting started
1. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one by visiting LinkedIn. This only takes a few minutes, and then you’re ready to set up your pro?le. Include some personal information and work history to add credibility to your company account.
2. Once set up, find and connect with clients. You can import an existing contacts list from your email account, or simply search for people and companies on the site. Grow your network by connecting with companies and industry groups that not only offer you something, but also give you the chance to contribute.
3. Aim to update your status at least weekly, as this will create and sustain more interest. Updates with links to articles or tips have 45% more engagement than those without.
4. Ask colleagues and clients to recommend you and endorse your skills. They can also leave feedback on their experience of working with you.
5. In turn, recommend some of your colleagues and clients.
How to engage in groups
Join groups that are relevant to you and the customers you serve. Often the members you’ll ?nd in groups are also those who are the most eager to engage with companies.
Contribute to discussions in popular groups and try to include a link to your LinkedIn Company Page at the end of your post.
Support discussions by clicking “like” and always reply to comments. By doing this, you have a chance to become a “Top In?uencer” in the group, ultimately boosting your profile.
How do you manage your business on LinkedIn? Leave a comment below.