D’Oliveira Court – Case study
In October 2013, we were awarded the contract to deliver gas installation upgrades for Contour Homes, part of Symphony Housing Group. With over 39,000 properties, the group is the largest registered social landlord based solely in the North West and is committed to supporting the regeneration and sustainability of the region.
This contract builds on a successful working relationship between British Gas and Symphony Housing Group.
We undertake service and recovery work as well as central heating installations for Contour Homes – and for almost 6,000 properties owned by Cobalt Housing, which is also part of Symphony.
Contour Homes wanted to replace an outdated heating system at D’Oliveira Court, one of its sheltered housing schemes in Middleton, Greater Manchester.
"Your team members have been extremely professional in their work and very polite and respectful to our residents and staff. All procedures have been properly followed and jobs have been completed to a professional standard."
Liz Dean, Scheme Manager, D’Oliveira Court
We worked closely with our customer to understand their needs and design a bespoke solution to meet them. The project consisted of:
- Specification and construction of a centralised plant room, including heating and hot water plant installation
- Installation of a commercial pipe work distribution network
- Installation of a gas boundary meter and outlet pipe work
- Installation of individual Heat Interface Units (HIUs) to individual flats
- Business Management System and centralised computer to monitor and continually ensure optimum performance
- Interfaced gas safety controls with the fire alarm system to improve Health and Safety compliance
The upgraded system delivers the following sustainable benefits:
- HIUs in each flat provides residents with an independent, fully controllable heating system and instant hot water on demand
- New, more cost-effective system gives residents more control
- Reduced carbon emissions
We successfully completed the overall design work and installation:
- In accordance with the agreed programme of works
- To the highest Gas Safety and ISO quality standards
- Within budget
- Without any Health and Safety incidents on site
- With excellent levels of resident engagement
- With minimum disruption to residents
The D’Oliveira Court District Heating works were officially opened by Judith Winterbourne, Managing Director of Contour Homes.