Gas safety – it costs more to ignore
Here are our top 5 tips to help keep your business gas safe:
- Maintain and service your gas appliances on an annual basis
- Any gas service, installation or repair should be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer
- Keep a record of any gas work carried out
- Install a CO alarm for any gas appliance
- Take out a service plan if your business relies on heating or gas appliances
What the regulations say
“It is the duty of every employer or self-employed person to ensure that any gas appliance, installation pipe work or flue installed at any place of work under their control is maintained in a safe condition so as to prevent risk or injury to any person.”
The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
Gas Safe Registered engineers
We have a nationwide team of Gas Safe Registered engineers employed by British Gas. You can also contact our 24 hour customer support line 365 days-a-year to help keep your business running.
"Just wanted to say that since we have signed on with British Gas, we have received the most fantastic service from Kyle the engineer. We are a catering company and he has had to work around our staff but has done so happily without any complaint and accommodated a very busy workplace. He is very aware that we desperately need the hot water system working and has really been fantastic."
Liz, Top Nosh Catering, Leamington Spa
Keep your business running and safe with Careplan
If your business relies on its gas and heating equipment, you need to be in control. Whether you need the support of an ongoing maintenance contract or a one-off emergency repair – we’re here when you need us.
We’ll help you stay compliant with gas safety regulations and maintain a safe environment for your staff and customers. With Careplan, you can relax knowing that your gas appliance will be serviced and maintained to the highest standard.
Gas appliances we can help you with
- Heating and hot water appliances – boilers, water heaters and air heaters
- Catering equipment – ovens, steamers and grills
- Laundry – gas irons and gas tumble dryers
- Fires – space heaters and wall heaters
- A safety inspection of all the visible pipe work and meter
- A tightness test on the whole gas installation
- Safety checks on the nominated number of appliances
- A gas safety record
Gas safety record
This record proves that you have maintained your equipment in line with safety and legal requirements and gives you a good defence in the unlikely event of any incident. We can provide all of your sites with the necessary Gas Certification to help your business demonstrate compliance.
*Terms & conditions (exclusions apply). Careplan 1 price of £95.00 is based on a boiler up to 40 kW outside of London. Careplan 1 is payable annually. The price of your Careplan will vary based on business location, type and size of the appliance to be included in your plan. Careplan 2, 2S, 3 and 3S are payable annually or by Direct Debit. All plans are renewable annually. All prices quoted exclude VAT and VAT will be charged at an additional 20%.