Home electrics? We’ve got that covered
Our electrical cover means never having to find a trustworthy local electrician again. Any problems, just get in touch and we’ll be round to put things right.
Experts you can trust
Our highly trained electricians are ready to help.
No limits on repairs
Unlimited call-outs – and no cap on claims either.
All our work is fully guaranteed for 12 months.
All parts and labour are included with your cover.
Home electrical cover
From emergencies to routine repairs, our cover protects your whole mains electrical system and wiring.
Home Electrical Cover
Estimated price (£60 excess)
Complete peace of mind for repairs to wiring, switches, sockets and fittings.
- All repairs to the mains electrical system and wiring on your property. For example:
- fuse box, light fittings, switches, sockets, isolation switches, immersion heater timer switch
- extractor fans (up to 15cm in diameter)
- doorbells and smoke alarms connected to the wiring
- outside lighting (as long as it’s fixed to the home or outbuildings and fitted less than 10 metres above ground)
- Replacement of parts we can’t repair
- Accidental damage
- Repairs or replacement of electric vehicle charger unit installed by us on or after 1st February 2020, following breakdown or damage caused by vandalism or theft, subject to terms and conditions
What’s not included?
- Claims in the first 14 days
- Electrical appliances, burglar alarms and camera systems
- Showers and their parts, shower pumps, cooker extractor hoods, storage and panel heaters, underfloor heating, swimming pools, controls, pumps, detectors, timers and programmers, electrical plugs, and solar panels and their inverters
- Electricity supply cable up to the fuse box (or mains isolation switch if fitted)
- Power cables between your home and any detached outbuildings, outdoor fittings or appliances on your property
- Electrics in your outbuildings if the supply is connected to a separate electricity meter than to your home
- Rubber or lead-covered cables
- Complete system rewire
- Outside lighting not fixed to your home or outbuilding
- Electric vehicle chargers installed before 1st February 2020 and those not installed by us
Did you know?
Some repairs for electrics can cost £3991 a time - but your cover will protect you against these surprise bills.
Here are the electrical issues your cover can help with
If your circuit breakers or fuse box (consumer unit) are tripping, we can fix things.
Flickering lights? Dimmer switches not working? We can solve the problem for you.
Loose or broken sockets? Book a repair with us and we’ll come over to take a look.
If your transformers are overheating or just not working, we can pop by to fix them.
If you’re getting electrical surges or just worried about your wiring, we can help.
Is your EV charger playing up? One of our experts can come and put things right.
Need a one-off repair?
You can’t beat electrical cover for all-round peace of mind. But if you’re just looking for an expert repair to something around the home, we can help with that too.
What our customers think of us on
Excellent customer service from British Gas re an electrical fault. Arrived at booked time. Really helpful, professional electrician who replaced a faulty cooker switch.
Very efficient and friendly. Lots of advice given. Got the job done, made it safe and clean. Couldn't have asked for more – great service, definitely recommend.
Very pleased with the electrical repair work carried out by the engineer at my home.
Frequently asked questions
What is home electrical cover?
Home electrical cover is an insurance product that looks after different electrical issues, such as tripping electrics, lightning, sockets, transformers, wiring and EV chargers. If you ever have problems with your home's electrics, just book an appointment online – one of our experts will be round to fix things. All parts and labour are included as part of the service, and you also get unlimited call-outs all year round.
My fuse box (consumer unit) is tripping regularly
Everyday items like tumble dryers, hair dryers and space heaters can use a lot of energy and trip circuit breakers - particularly if you're using a lot of high energy using items at the same time. It's nothing to worry about, in fact, circuit breakers are designed to protect you and your home. If it gets annoying, try and limit the number of electrical items you're using on the same circuit.
My light switches and dimmer switches don't work
If you've got switches in your house that don't seem to do anything, it could be that the lights or items they used to operate have been removed or it could just be a fault in the outlet, circuit or wiring. Dimmer switches that don't seem to 'dim' correctly could be older or faulty models and probably just need updating.
My house gets a lot of electrical surges
If you get a lot of electrical surges, it's best to consult a professional. Why not book an visit from one of our expert electricians?
What happens to my renewal price after the first year?
The price you’ll pay at renewal is likely to increase as your introductory price will have ended, but it will be tailored to your specific details. If you’re paying by direct debit, you will automatically renew, however you can still choose to change or cancel your contract, we'll contact you before your renewal date to remind you.
Can I speak to someone if I have a question?
You can call us on 0333 202 9668. Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday 8am - 2pm. We may record calls to help improve our service to you. Calls to 0330/0333 numbers will cost you no more than 01 or 02 numbers from landlines or mobiles. If you get 'inclusive minutes' with your package, calls to 0330/0333 numbers will be part of these.
Maximum charge for a one-off electrical repair by a British Gas engineer.