Home improvements. CombiSave
Save time, money and water with a CombiSave valve - it holds back your water until it gets nice and hot.
Everything you need to know about our CombiSave
Watch our short video to learn more about our CombiSave, how it works and why getting one could help with your hot water.
How a CombiSave could help you
Have you got a combi boiler (one that heats your water as you need it, instead of using a water cylinder)? Here's how a CombiSave can help you save time, money and water.
Save up to 28,000 litres of water (that's almost 350 baths) and 600kWh of gas (enough to power the average home for two weeks) a year.
Get hot water faster
With a CombiSave, it takes around 30 seconds fewer for hot water to reach your taps - cutting your waiting time by up to 50%.
Lower your bills
Reducing the amount of gas and water you use with CombiSave helps lower your gas and water bills (if you're on a water meter) by around £100.
How does a CombiSave work?
A CombiSave is a simple valve that monitors your water temperature. It's fixed under your combi boiler, using existing pipework.
- When you turn on your hot tap, the CombiSave slows the water flow until it heats to the right temperature (around 43°C)
- Once the water is nice and hot, you'll notice that the flow to your tap or shower goes back to normal
- As it's just a valve, it doesn't use any extra gas or electricity
How to get a CombiSave
- Book a free home appointment and one of our engineers will come and make sure that a CombiSave is right for you and give you a fixed-price quote
- If you decide to go ahead, our engineers can normally fit it for you on the same day (depending on how busy they are)
- That's it! You'll feel the benefits of your CombiSave straight away — and it won't need any future maintenance or use any extra power
Already have a quote? Accept it online.
Need to know more?
Do I need a CombiSave?
A CombiSave is right for you if:
- You have a combination boiler (a boiler without water cylinders or storage tanks)
- You have a water meter
- You're tired of waiting for hot water every time you turn on a tap or shower
How quickly can I get hot water using a CombiSave? Is it safe?
If you've got a combi boiler, it can take up to a minute for your hot water to get to the right temperature – that's a wait of around 21 hours a year! With a CombiSave, you'll cut your wait time by up to 50%. On average, it takes around 30 seconds fewer for the hot water to get to your taps. You'll notice an increase in flow once the water heats up, but don't worry, your taps won't suddenly start bursting with hot water.
How can I get a CombiSave?
Book a free home visit and one of our engineers will come over and make sure that a CombiSave is right for you and provide you with a fixed-price, no-obligation quote. If you decide to go ahead, our expert engineer can normally fit it for you on the same day (depending on how busy they are). You'll start feeling the benefits straightaway. No maintenance or power required to keep it going.
I live in a big house. Do I need just one CombiSave?
Yes — you only need one CombiSave per boiler — no matter how big your house is.
I already have a CombiSmart. Do I need a CombiSave?
No — a CombiSmart gives you the same benefits as a CombiSave so you don't need both.
Home improvements. Our products and services
We've got home improvement solutions to give you peace of mind with your heating, hot water and electrics.