In partnership with AXA. Windows, Locks, Roof and Pest cover for just £8.82 a month 1
Take HomeCare peace of mind to the next level and protect yourself against common home emergencies.
Windows, Locks, Roof and Pest cover. With this cover, you’ll get
- Parts and labour included
- £500 limit per claim
- No excess to pay
- Temporary repair when waiting for a permanent fix
- Unlimited claims up to £2000 per annum
- An authorised tradesperson to carry out repairs
- Accommodation for three nights of up to £250 per night, if necessary
What’s included in the cover
- Cracked or broken external windows, including glazing of conservatories attached to the home
- Broken external windows – we’ll provide a temporary repair until a permanent fix can be made
- Repair against vandalism or break-ins – must be reported to the police
- Specialist windows replacement up to the claim limit
- Damaged external window locks or door locks
- External door mechanisms when the door can’t be opened, closed or the security of your home is compromised
- Window mechanisms when your window can’t be closed or the security of your home is compromised
- Repairs to angled/pitched tile or slate roofs
- Lost, dislodged, or damaged roof tiles and clay, zinc, or copper ridge tiles
- Water ingress from ridge tiles that need re-pointing
- Glass roofs that are part of a conservatory which is attached to your home
- Treatment of wasp, bees or hornet nests
- Removal of cockroaches within your home
- We’ll pay for the treatment or removal of mice, rats and squirrels from your home
What we provide. Overnight accommodation
If your home becomes uninhabitable, we’ll pay up to £250, including VAT per night for a maximum of three nights for you and your pets, plus provide transport to the overnight accommodation.
Our partnership, your benefit. AXA and us 2
We’ve partnered3 with AXA, one of the largest insurance companies in the world. They’ve been helping customers for over 200 years, protecting their homes against the unexpected.
Together we offer Windows, Locks, Roof and Pest cover, so you can enjoy peace of mind knowing you have greater protection for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
How soon can I claim on the policy?
When you first take out a new policy you cannot make claim within the first 14 days.
Does my policy have a limit?
Each claim you make during the twelve-month period of cover is limited to £500 per claim including parts, labour and VAT and the total policy limit is £2,000 including parts, labour and VAT for the period of insurance.
In addition, you and your family are entitled to overnight accommodation for three nights, up to a value of £250 per night, if your home becomes uninhabitable as a result of an event that is covered under your Windows, Locks, Roof and Pest Cover policy. This is available when a repairer has been to your home and deemed it uninhabitable.
How fast will you respond if I have a claim?
We normally get to 90% of claims within 24h from the point that the claim has been accepted. However, this is not always possible due to circumstances out of our control such as extreme weather conditions. In some cases, particularly where parts are required, subsequent visits may be required.
I’ve purchased my cover, but can I cancel it?
Yes, you can cancel. If you cancel within the first 14 days you will receive a full refund of your yearly payment or first monthly payment, depending on your payment frequency.
If you cancel after 14 days you will receive a refund for the full months remaining on the policy if you pay annually, or your monthly payments will cease from cancellation point.
Please note we need 3 working days to cancel payments, so if you cancel the day before your monthly payment date, we may not be able to cancel immediately, and the payment will still be taken. If you have made a claim and subsequently cancel your policy we may seek to reclaim costs incurred by us.
How do I renew my policy?
Your policy will be set to auto-renew and we will send you a renewal reminder not less than 21 days before renewal.
How do I contact you?
For claims telephone lines are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax IPT.
In partnership with Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch (FCA number 202664) and AXA Assistance UK Limited (FCA number 439069).
British Gas Services Limited (FCA number 490568) earns commission for selling Windows, Locks, Roof and Pest cover on behalf of AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd, underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA (the Insurer). Commission paid by the Insurer to British Gas Services Limited is included within your quote and is not an additional charge paid by you.