Home services. Landlords information hub

You’ll find all the latest news, views and useful guides and tools to make life easier.

View our services and products

Get peace of mind with our landlords cover and insurance products

Landlord cover

With HomeCare from British Gas, you’re covered in case anything goes wrong.

Know about HomeCare

Gas safety certificate

As a landlord you’ll need a Gas Safety Certificate or CP12 for every gas appliance in your rented property.

About Gas Safety Check

Landlord insurance

If you own a property, you want it covered by insurance. Buildings insurance is a requirement of mortgage lenders.

Landlord insurance

Things you should know as a landlord

Tax changes on buy to let

So if you’re a landlord, how do the changes affect you and your profits?

More about tax changes

Difference between insurance and cover

What’s the difference between landlord insurance and landlord cover and do you need both?

More on insurance Vs cover

Evicting tenants - Section 21 and 8 explained

It’s never a nice experience to evict your tenants but we can help you make sure you stay on the right side of the rules and regulations.

More on tenant eviction

Landlord information. Fire safety

Fire safety is a serious concern for both tenants and landlords. The regulations are many and complex, so you should take the time to familiarise yourself with the ones that affect you.

More on fire safety

Landlord information. Electrical safety

If your property is an HMO (House of Multiple Occupation) or you’re a landlord renting out a property in Scotland and England, you have a legal duty to have an Electrical Safety Condition Report (EICR) done every five years.

More on electrical safety