Landlord insurance. Here to protect your rental properties

Get up to £10 million property owners’ liability cover and protection for up to 10 rental properties – everything from small flats to large houses.

Use code 2FREE9A before 31st August 2020 and get two months free when you buy online. 1

Get your Landlord Insurance quote

Return to your quote

If you started getting a landlord insurance quote from us, you can pick up where you left off.

Retrieve your Landlord insurance quote

Already a Landlord Insurance customer?

We've put all your insurance documents in a safe place – just follow the link.

Log in to your account

Why choose British Gas Landlord Insurance?

Liability and buildings cover

Property owners can get liability for up to £10 million and you’ll get Building Insurance too.

24-hour claims line

Our help team are UK-based and we have a 24-hour claims notification line.

One policy for all

We can insure you for up to ten properties on one policy.

Get a quote

Landlord Insurance from British Gas. What you'll get as standard

  • Buildings insurance to repair or rebuild your property following a fire, flood or burst pipe
  • Property owners’ liability cover up to £10 million
  • Alternative accommodation to rehouse your tenants after a flood or fire
  • Cover for up to 10 properties in one policy
  • 0% interest on instalments when you choose to pay monthly
Get your Landlord Insurance quote

Optional extras

Help protect your rental income and ensure you're not left out of pocket should the worst happen. Add these optional extras to your policy to tailor your landlords insurance to meet your needs.

Accidental damage

For the mishaps you weren’t expecting. You can make sure you’re protected against accidental damage to your rental property.

Loss of rental income

If you have had to claim for damage to your property, you can also be protected against loss of rent for up to 36 months.

Employers’ liability

This will protect you against the cost of employee injury claims. Legally you need this cover, even if you’re employing people on a casual or contract basis.

Contents cover

We can give you cover for up to £50,000 for your furniture, fittings and kitchen appliances in your rental property.

Landlord Insurance offer. Need landlord insurance?
Get two months free

Just follow the link and use the code 2FREE9A. Or call us and say it over the phone. 1

Hurry, this offer ends on 31st August 2020.

Get two months free

British Gas Home insurance. Are you a homeowner?

Protect your home too with comprehensive buildings and contents insurance.

Go to our Home Insurance page

Additional information

  1. Promotional code 2FREE9A must be used when you get a quote online or over the phone to receive the offer.

    Offer ends 31st August 2020.

    For monthly payers, the offer is based on the cost of 10 months’ cover spread across 12 monthly payments in your first year of cover.

    Offer is exclusive to existing British Gas customers only who buy direct from British Gas; not via a price comparison website.

    Offer cannot be redeemed in conjunction with cashback offers. Cashback claims whereby the customer has also used a promo code will result in cashback being declined.

    The offer applies to the first year only and to all levels and type of cover except for terrorism cover.

    Your discounted price is valid for 30 days.

    British Gas can withdraw this offer with 30 days’ notice to the customer.

    British Gas Landlord Insurance is sold, administered and underwritten by AXA Insurance UK Plc, registered in England No: 78950. Registered office: 5 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1AD. A member of the AXA group of companies. AXA Insurance UK Plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulatory Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Telephone calls may be monitored and recorded.