Landlords' cover

What is landlord cover? How much does it cost? Does it include boiler repairs and an annual Gas Safety Certificate? Read on for the answers.

Keep your appliances working and your tenants happy

Doing maintenance and repairs can be a full-time job for a landlord, especially if you have a portfolio of rental properties. But with HomeCare from British Gas, you’re covered in case anything goes wrong.

Report your emergency quickly and easily on our app, or by accessing your online account, and we’ll send an expert engineer round to take care of the problem.

Cover to suit you, and your budget

Choose your level of cover, and we’ll keep the appliances in your rental homes safe and working well. We can help you meet your legal obligations too, including your annual Gas Safety Certificate. And for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) and all rented properties in Scotland, your Electrical Installation Condition Report.

With HomeCare our engineers will take care of the routine checks and maintenance of your gas appliances, and complete your Gas Safety Certificate. You can also get cover for your home electrics, drains and plumbing. Visit our website to explore all your cover options.

Landlords Repair and Cover

With Repair and Cover any repairs will cost a fixed price – no matter how long it takes and what parts we need. And with the ongoing monthly cover, you can enjoy complete peace of mind, with unlimited call-outs and all parts and labour included.

If you’d prefer to pay for one-off repairs when they’re needed, you’ll get a fixed price from our engineer before they start the job. So you’ll know exactly what it’s going to cost. And every job comes with a one-year guarantee.

Protect your property with HomeCare

We have a range of budget-friendly HomeCare options, depending on what you want us to look after. Take a look below to find the right one for you – then apply online quickly and easily. Remember you can include up to nine properties on one policy.

More than 10 properties? Give us a call on 0333 202 97972 and we’ll tailor a HomeCare package to suit you.

British Gas Landlord Cover. Protect your rental properties

We can take care of the boiler, central heating, plumbing, drains and electrics in all your rental properties. HomeCare from British Gas includes your annual Gas Safety Certificate, and emergency repairs and breakdowns.

Get landlord cover

Want to know more?

Landlord insurance or landlord cover?

One protects appliances, the other the building. So which one is right for you?

Landlord policies explained

Landlord insurance

Structure, contents and your rental income – it all matters. So make sure you’re protected.

More on landlord insurance

Tenants stopped paying the rent?

Try these steps to get things sorted informally. Plus your legal rights and duties explained.

Recovering your rent

Additional information

  1. Terms and Conditions apply.

  2. Monday to Saturday 8am - 6pm. Calls cost no more than 01 or 02 numbers. We may record calls to help improve our service.

  3. Your annual boiler service may be more than 12 months apart.