Boiler servicing and safety checks
Whether you need a one-off or year-round cover, our engineers do all the checks needed to keep your home running.
One-off boiler service
Contract-free, one-off payment
- Zero commitment: One-off service
- Fully flexible: Choose the best time for you
- Easy booking: Pay online and get the job done
- Trusted experts: All done by our Gas Safe engineers
Annual boiler service
Ongoing annual contract
- A regular service every year by a Gas Safe engineer
- Save up to £19 on each additional gas appliance check
- Zero hassle - we’ll arrange it for you every year
- Ideal for boilers under warranty and regular checks
Includes £99 boiler service
We’ve got a range of cover options to protect your home from boiler breakdowns, faulty electrics and more – and they all come with an annual boiler service included.
- 12-month cover for your boiler & heating
- Unlimited call-outs and repairs
- Speedy fixes with parts & labour included
- 12-month guarantee on every repair
- Choose cover with £0 or £60 excess per repair
- Annual boiler service (worth £99) included
Why get a boiler service?
A boiler that’s serviced regularly will be more energy-efficient.
Peace of mind
You need an annual service to keep your boiler’s warranty valid.
Your engineer will check everything, including carbon monoxide.
Here’s what your expert boiler service includes:
- Inspecting your boiler and controls to make sure everything’s safe
- Opening up your boiler to check internal components
- Checking for corrosion and leaks in the boiler and your heating system
- Cleaning the system filter and other parts, if needed
- Giving you a boiler safety checklist plus advice on energy efficiency
Why choose British Gas?
3 million boilers
That’s how many we service in the UK every year. And we’re the country’s biggest installer of new boilers too.
Our team is trained to the highest standards – and trusted by the leading boiler brands to keep your warranty valid.
Local to you
Our nationwide network of experts means we can get a local engineer out to help you as soon as possible.
A brand you can trust
You’ll get British Gas paperwork that’ll keep your warranty valid. And any parts we replace are guaranteed for 12 months.
Want a one-off service with no contract? No problem. But if you want the peace of mind of HomeCare, we can help too.
After the work is finished, we always leave your home clean and tidy. We can wear shoe covers to protect your carpets too.
What our customers think of us on Trustpilot
Easy online booking for annual service. Punctual, friendly and knowledgeable engineer.
Had my boiler serviced today. Arranged online, was kept updated about time slot. Engineer phoned ahead and was very pleasant. She carried out check and explained findings and gave me a booklet with tips on saving energy.
What should be a simple annual boiler check was just that – simple. And thorough. And quick. No mess – and a cheerful engineer.
Check your details and read the below documents before you book.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between an annual and one-off boiler service?
A one-off service is exactly that. No fixed contract – you simply pay a one-time fee to get your boiler serviced.
An annual boiler service is a service you get each year, as part of an ongoing cover product, like HomeCare. It can all be booked, managed and tracked from your online account. As part of a rolling contract, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that in the event of boiler issues, we’re here to help. And if your boiler’s under manufacturer warranty, you need an annual service visit each year to keep it valid – so an annual contract is a great way of making sure you never forget.
It’s also easy to choose how you want to renew your cover.
How do I renew my annual boiler service?
When you first take out cover, you can choose whether you want to manually or automatically renew it each year. Either way, we’ll get in touch about a month before your policy ends to remind you of what step you can take.
With manual renewal, you need to tell us if you want to continue with the cover. If you forget to renew or choose not to, you won’t be covered if anything goes wrong with your boiler, and you can’t make any claims.
Life’s much easier with auto-renewal – you can carry on your cover without having to do anything. And you can cancel this renewal option at any time.