Hive EV Charging, installed by us. Get a year of FREE driving, only with British Gas and Hive
Kit out your driveway with a Hive EV charger and get 12 months’ charging absolutely free when you pair it with a British Gas tariff. So you can power your drive with greener, smarter charging for less.
EV charging made easy
For extra peace of mind, get your charger installed by our British Gas-approved experts. Or simply buy Hive EV Charging and arrange your own installer.
Choose between the new EO Mini Pro 3 or the 7.4kW Alfen charger. Both are easy to use and compatible with all electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. And they’re powerful enough to fully charge the average EV battery from empty in under 8 hours. Tethered options available.
Why choose Hive EV Charging?
Total peace of mind
Includes a 3-year warranty and 24/7 support from the Hive technical helpdesk for total peace of mind.
Suitable for garage or driveway
Built of premium materials so it’s durable and weatherproof for use anywhere.
Cables to suit you
Choose from a fixed cable attached to your charger, or a separate portable one.
Charger + British Gas installation
Or just £93.90 a month, interest free1
Enjoy peace of mind with hassle-free installation by British Gas-approved engineers and benefit from a 3-year warranty. Simply choose how you'd like to pay:
Spread the cost £93.90 a month with 10 months’ interest-free credit.
Pay in full £49 deposit, and the rest after installation.
Why choose British Gas installation?
Local experts near you
British Gas boasts thousands of expert EV installers all over the UK, and we’ll quickly find one near you.
Stress-free and seamless service
Save time and stress and let us take care of everything for you, instead of worrying about finding a trained installer yourself.
The highest safety standards
Relax knowing that every single British Gas engineer is expertly trained and fully qualified to ensure your Hive EV charger is working safely.
Smart charging from Hive. Installation backed by British Gas.
Choose professional installation and our trusted experts will take care of everything.
1. Share photos: Show us your main fuse, electricity meter and where your charger will go
2. Complete questionnaire: Tell us about your appliances so we can get authorisation for your charger
3. Video chat: We’ll do a virtual home check and answer any questions
4. Charger installation: Usually takes 3-5 hours.
Extra work may be needed for safe installation, which could take longer. We’ll give you a separate quote if you need this.
Unlock the power of FreeCharge
Pair your new Hive EV charger with any British Gas tariff and we’ll refund 100% of your charging costs for 12 months. And because our intelligent scheduling tool automatically charges your EV when the grid is quiet, you’ll drive ahead using greener energy too. Just plug in, tell us when you need it charged by and we’ll do the rest.
- No extra fees or fuss – we’ll set it up automatically
- Works with any British Gas electricity tariff
- All you need is a smart meter
FreeCharge is part of our PeakSave family to reward our customers for better energy use.
Hive EV Charging’s happy customers
Hive EV Charging can help you reduce your energy use and do your bit to reach net zero. Don’t just take our word for it – here’s what our customers say:
I've actually reduced my fuel consumption by 50% - I also feel like I'm doing my bit for the environment.
Exemplary service from the engineers who attended. Really, really impressed.
A very knowledgeable and patient engineer team who took time to walk me through all of the installation and safety elements. Great work!
Installation is just the start of your journey
The Hive app
- Accurate real-time updates when you’re plugged in and charging up
- Syncs with your energy tariff so you charge when it’s cheapest
- See what you’re spending in pounds and pence, as well as your energy usage
Electric Driver tariff
- Get cheaper electricity from 12am to 5am
- Schedule your EV to charge when it’s cheapest with the Hive app
- You’ll need a British Gas smart meter - we’ll upgrade you at no extra cost if you don’t have one
Cover from £2.50 a month
- Your Hive EV charger is included in our Home Electrical cover, from £2.50 a month
- We’ll repair or replace your Hive EV charger following breakdown, accidental damage or damage caused by theft or vandalism
- Also includes cover to repair faulty wiring, switches, sockets and fittings around your home
Subject to status and minimum spend.