Help reduce your energy bills by up to £300 a year*
In most central heating systems, a boiler is used to heat water that is then pumped through pipes to radiators throughout the house as well as providing hot water to taps in the kitchen and bathroom.
Boilers are rated A-G with A-rated boilers being the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly and G-rated boilers the least. Installing an efficient A-rated boiler is a great investment as it could save you money on your energy bills, reduce your carbon emissions and keep your home warm and comfortable. We offer a wide range of boilers from leading manufacturers, all of which are A-rated.
How does an A-rated boiler work
Boilers keep your home nice and warm by heating radiators and giving you hot water for your kitchen and bathroom. When you install a new A-rated boiler you can save money on heating your home because they are more than 90% efficient. In comparison, G-rated boilers can be less than 70% efficient, meaning that for every £1 you spend heating your home, around 30p is wasted. As well as being more efficient, all modern boilers are also condensing boilers, which mean they also recover heat from the hot gases that escape in the flue.
British Gas sells both regular and combination boilers. Regular boilers store hot water in a storage cylinder, and may be a better option if your home needs lots of hot water, whereas combination boilers give you instant hot water without a storage cylinder, saving space.
What does an A-rated boiler mean for your home?
By replacing your old boiler with a new A-rated condensing boiler and heating controls, you could reduce your home’s carbon emissions and cut your energy bills significantly. In fact, if you upgrade from a G-rated to a new A-rated boiler you could save around £300 and 1,220kg of CO2 per year.*
Our highly skilled engineers not only install the boiler but also run a range of checks across your whole central heating system.
- Installed by our network of over 1,000 UK-wide Gas Safe registered engineers.
- Recovers heat from the hot gases in the flue.
- Keeps your home warm and comfortable.
- Saves you around £300 per year* if upgrading from a G-rated boiler to an A-rated boiler.
- Saves you around 1,220kg of CO2 per year* if upgrading from a G-rated boiler to an A-rated boiler.
Your installation journey
- All materials are delivered to you prior to the installation by one of our local partners.
- Prior to the visit, you’ll receive a call from the engineer to confirm the exact time of the installation.
- All our engineers carry identification, so please feel free to ask to see it. The engineer will walk you through the process of the installation so that you know what to expect.
- Not only will our highly skilled engineers install your A-rated boiler, they will run a range of checks to improve your whole central heating system.
- You’ll receive all the relevant documentation and user manuals.
- Within 48 hours of the installation, the same engineer will call to make sure you are happy with your new boiler and everything is working as expected.
You may also be interested in
* Source www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Home-improvements-and-products/Heating-and-hot-water, September 2012. Actual savings depend on individual circumstances, see www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/Energy-saving-assumptions for more details.
Frequently asked questions
Are you a Landlord or Tenant?
We do not currently offer Green Deal Finance to Landlords or Tenants, however, you can still have a Green Deal Assessment on your property, please call 0800 107 2750 to book an assessment.