Help and advice for student living
Student life with Will Best
There seems to be a problem playing this YouTube video
To view please try one of the following options:
- Check your YouTube access
- Or go direct to YouTube
At British Gas we recognise the challenges of sharing a house - the mess, the fights over the TV remote control, not to mention the problems of managing and paying those shared bills. So here you'll find help and advice on student living, from finding the perfect pad and setting up your bills to how to manage your energy on your smartphone.
Living in a rented property?
As a tenant, please be aware that it is your landlord’s responsibility to:
- Ensure that all gas appliances that they own and installation pipework for the rented property are as safe as possible.
- Arrange for a Gas Safe registered (formerly CORGI registered) business such as British Gas to repair any faulty appliances.
- Arrange annual safety checks on all gas appliances that they own in the property, again by a Gas Safe registered (formerly CORGI registered) business such as British Gas.
- Keep a record of all safety checks, and provide you with a copy of the record.