Standards of Performance
Ofgem’s Standards of Performance gives you peace of mind if we miss or cancel an appointment with less than one working day’s notice.
When do the Standards of Performance apply?
If you’re a micro business /a>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>we may have to compensate you if we:
- Miss or arrive late at a booked appointment
- Give you less than one day’s notice to re-book
- Don’t offer a four-hour appointment slot
- Don’t send a skilled engineer
A booked appointment:
- Is when we or our agents need access to your business site
- Is when you ask us, as your business gas or electricity supplier, to come to your business site for us to carry out work
- Includes smart meter installations and pre-installation appointments
Yes the standards apply, what do I need to do next?
- If it’s a missed appointment then contact your installation partner to reschedule
- Raise a complaint, When you complain, tell us you’re a micro business and that you’re complaining about a missed booked appointment and want to get compensated.
This complies with Ofgem’s Electricity and Gas (Standards of Performance) (Suppliers) Regulations 2015 /a>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>
Once we know if the Standards of Performance apply to you, we’ll credit your business energy account with £30 within ten working days. We’ll send you a letter to confirm we’ve credited your account.
If we miss the ten working days, we’ll need to compensate you with another £30 within another ten working days.
When do the Standards of Performance not apply?
- If you’re not a micro business /a>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>
- If you cancel the booked appointment
- If we rearrange or cancel a book appointment, but provide more than one day's notice
- If something beyond our control stops us from attending, such as severe weather conditions. If this happens, we’ll contact you as soon as we can to reschedule your appointment
- If we're looking into a genuine dispute like a failed installation. This could take longer than ten days and the additional credit of £30 wouldn't apply
- If the booked appointment was about something other than your business gas or electricity supply – such as energy efficiency measures
If you’re not a micro business and are unhappy with your experience, please raise a complaint
Please note: Ofgem’s Electricity and Gas (Standards of Performance) (Suppliers)
Regulations 2015/a>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/>>/> has replaced the Guaranteed Standards of Performance (GSOP).